Getting Up to Speed on the Financial Crisis: A One-Weekend Reader’s Guide is a 35-minute instructional video analyzing the following concepts:
• Distinguish between triggers and vulnerabilities that led to the financial crisis and their contributions to the crisis.
• Describe the main vulnerabilities of short-term debt especially repo agreements and commercial paper.
• Assess the consequences of the Lehman failure on the global financial markets.
• Describe the historical background leading to the recent financial crisis.
• Distinguish between the two main panic periods of the financial crisis and describe the state of the markets during each.
• Assess the governmental policy responses to the financial crisis and review their short-term impact.
• Describe the global effects of the financial crisis on firms and the real economy.