Tuckman, Fixed Income Securities, Chapter 3: Returns, Spreads and Yields is a 34 minute instructional video analyzing the following concepts:
* Distinguish between gross and net realized returns …
* Define and interpret the spread of a bond, and explain how a spread is derived from a bond price and a term structure of rates.
* Define, interpret, and apply a bond’s yield-to-maturity (YTM) to bond pricing.
* Compute a bond’s YTM given a bond structure and price.
* Calculate the price of an annuity and a perpetuity.
* Explain the relationship between spot rates and YTM.
* Define the coupon effect and explain the relationship between coupon rate, YTM, and bond prices.
* Explain the decomposition of P&L for a bond into separate factors including carry roll-down, rate change and spread change effects.
* Identify the most common assumptions in carry roll-down scenarios, including realized forwards, unchanged term structure, and unchanged yields.