Chapter 4. Introduction to Derivatives Study Notes contains 19 pages covering the following learning objectives:
* Define derivatives, describe features and uses of derivatives, and compare linear and non-linear derivatives
* Describe the over-the-counter market, distinguish it from trading on an exchange, and evaluate its advantages and disadvantages.
* Differentiate between options, forwards, and futures contracts.
* Identify and calculate option and forward contract payoffs.
* Differentiate among the broad categories of traders: hedgers, speculators, and arbitrageurs.
* Calculate and compare the payoffs from hedging strategies involving forward contracts and options.
* Calculate and compare the payoffs from speculative strategies involving futures and options.
* Calculate an arbitrage payoff and describe how arbitrage opportunities are temporary.
* Describe some of the risks that can arise from the use of derivatives.
After reviewing the notes, you will be able to apply what you learned with practice questions.
No Sample AvailableShop Courses