Miller, Mathematics & Statistics for Financial Risk Management, Hypothesis Testing and Confidence Intervals is a one hour instructional video analyzing the following concepts:
* Calculate and interpret the sample mean and sample variance.
* Define and construct a confidence interval.
* Define and construct an appropriate null and alternative hypothesis, and calculate the test statistic.
* Differentiate between a one-tailed and a two-tailed test and explain the circumstances in which to use each test.
* Interpret the results of hypothesis tests with a specific level of confidence.
* Demonstrate the process of backtesting VaR by calculating the number of exceedances