2008 FRM practice exam

besscc

Hi David,

As the time is shortly, could I only study 2008 FRM practice exam paper for my prepare martieral?

Thanks,

Besscc

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi Besscc,

Do you mean that is the sum total preparation? If so, no, it is not enough.
Do you mean, it is the only practice questions (in addition to reading/review all the material)? It is possible, but far less than ideal. I would vigorously recommend more.

It depends on your current knowledge, but very few people can sit effectively with limited preparation. My best customers last year, who passed, even thought the exam was difficult. Please note GARP recommends 200 [with background] to 400 [if you really don't have background] hours of preparation.

So, i would do more practice questions. I don't mean BT (frankly, I stop actively promoting at the beginning of Sept - I do not endorse Sept/Oct starts). Most of the source readings have terrific practice questions. Also, visit me again soon, I have a ton of free practice questions "buried" in the blog history that I will ferret out ASAP.

Thanks, David

gracechen

Hi David,

I am Grace from Kuala Lumpur.

First of all, I would like to give thanks to you for your excellent webcasts and study notes.
I sat FRM 2007 but failed.

This round after studying your study material, I find myself more understand the GARP syllabus and it helps me to shorten my time in studying.

I am looking forwards for questions that you throw to us!

Pls throw us tonnes of questions. We are well prepared.

Thank you very much.

We believe through practicing, we can foster our knowledge and more well prepare for the exam.

Cheers! You did a good job. ;-P

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Thank you Grace, I really appreciate that feedback.
Yes, I will be getting more flash questions us; I plan to address every AIM in the flash questions as the exam approaches. Aside from the cram session, that will be my focus.

David

Hi,

I am looking for a copy of the 2008 practice question -- I have 2010, 2009, 2007, and 2006 -- all from GARP -- but am missing 2008 -- can you please let me know where I can download a copy? Many thanks!

Hi,

Thank you. Can you let me know where I am able to access the 2005 Exam? How far does the test bank go? Will I be able to access 2004 and 2003 as well? Thanks!

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
I don't have 2005, and i am not aware that GARP has shared them ... of course, they can be accessed piecemeal in the handbook, but frankly, I would not bother with 2005 or previous. Relevance falls off, but also, the earlier questions have lots of errors (seriously, when we counted in 2008, 30-35% error rate). All in, we found earlier questions (in handbooks) to be of middling help to candidates. Personally, me, i wouldn't even bother with pre-2008...David