2018: Part 2 New and Updated Published Materials

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi @Karim_B Yes, thank you for noticing but that's because I recorded Chapter 6 last Thursday; Nicole will edit and publish in the upcoming week. We are currently recording the Gregory videos. We've recorded up to Chapter 6 and next week we will do 7 and 9, then the week after that 12 and 14, then we will be done with new Gregory videos on approximately April 18th. (The header will be corrected, for sure). Thank you!

Karim_B

Subscriber
Thanks @David Harper CFA FRM
By the way, I'm a big fan of the chapter summaries at the end of some of the Gregory study note chapters!

There's a lot of information, and it helps to have a summary of the key points at the end.

If possible, it would be great to have the same kind of concept in the other study notes too.
Thanks
Karim

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
HI @Karim_B Okay that's good to know (about summaries) and it makes sense. I think it's a worthwhile objective and will discuss with @Nicole Seaman (in the long-run the key determinant of this is the degree of GARP's syllabus churn: they didn't change the syllabus last December, really, after years of frenetic change, such that relative stability makes it much easier for us to add improvements). Thanks again!

Karim_B

Subscriber
Hi @David Harper CFA FRM @Nicole Seaman
As exam day in May is fast approaching I was thinking about the materials to use to review.

1) The E & F mock exams from last year should be mostly applicable due to the few syllabus changes in 2018, so maybe you could just point us to some additional questions that cover the key updates to the syllabus in 2018?
2) Focus Review Videos
The ones I've seen so far for Market & Credit Risk are quite old, so I was hoping that if you don't have time to produce new ones before the May exam, you could give us a list of topics that you would focus on based on the 2018 syllabus.

So essentially the outline of what you'd include in the focus review videos if you were to create them for the 2018 syllabus, and we can review the topics ourselves, but with your guidance on where to focus.

What do you think?

Thanks!
Karim

P.S. I thought the Reading 83, Lo, The Gordon Gekko Effect question set was missing since it's not listed in the main post at the top of this thread, but I see it in the study planner:
https://learn.bionicturtle.com/topi...he-role-of-culture-in-the-financial-industry/

KR_2018

Is the focus review for market risk updated as per the latest FRM 2018 syllubus. The video seems to be made keeping 2012 in mind

I downloaded the study notes in mid of Feb and studied from there. However when I was travelling , I again downloaded it on mobile and was studying from there and I came to know that there has been change in content and also in the chapter. Even I saw one chapter which I have not even studied yet :( ..Can you please highlight the change

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
@Bilal Ehsan We don't the time/resources to do that, sorry. (I'm here on a Sat and Sunday giving support). The Gregory changes were generally improvements (exhibits, explanations) Thanks,

Last edited:
No issues at all... I was bit surprised to see that because paper is with in 19 days time ....Last thing i am not sure in Study notes you have given reference for chapter no of gregory but in Question notes chapter number are bit different...

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
No issues at all... I was bit surprised to see that because paper is with in 19 days time ....Last thing i am not sure in Study notes you have given reference for chapter no of gregory but in Question notes chapter number are bit different...
Hello @Bilal Ehsan

There were many changes in the Gregory reading from 2017 to 2018. We updated the study notes to reflect those changes, but we have not yet updated the practice question set for this reading. The practice question set is still relevant, however, there will be some differences because of the changes that were made in 2018. Also please note that I've moved your question to a more appropriate section of the forum that discusses updated materials.

Thank you,

Nicole

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Is the focus review for market risk updated as per the latest FRM 2018 syllubus. The video seems to be made keeping 2012 in mind
Hello @KR_2018

The focus review videos have not been updated for 2018 yet. You are correct that our focus review videos in the study planner are currently from 2012. We did not remove them because most of the content in them is still very relevant to the current exam period. We have been working on updating our entire video library this year, and this will include focus review videos. We will be working on those during the second semester of this exam year.

Thank you,

Nicole

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
We don't have question set for Stress test. Can we have a couple of them before the May exam?
Hello @KR_2018

We will not be publishing anymore question sets before the May exam. David writes every single practice question himself, which takes hours of work. We do not copy them from another source. David generally stop writing practice questions in April when the forum begins to get extremely busy. David provides personalized support in the forum 7 days a week, especially right before the exam, which can be exhausting in itself without having to prepare more materials. We try very hard to prepare and publish as many materials as humanly possible before the exam, but we can never guarantee that every single reading will be covered with an entire set of materials.

Thank you,

Nicole

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Please, add the Quiz in Current Issues.
Hello @Flashback

We have published practice question sets for each reading in Current Issues. We do not plan on creating quiz questions for that topic. GARP changes the current issues readings every year, and we feel that the practice questions that have already been written are sufficient coverage of these concepts at this time.

Thank you,

Nicole

Risksage

Hi, I am not able to find the Part2 8/8 focus review video. Can you please share the location if you have this. Thanks!

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi, I am not able to find the Part2 8/8 focus review video. Can you please share the location if you have this. Thanks!
Hello @Risksage

There is not currently a Part 2 focus review video number 8. The current issues section of the curriculum is completely changed each year so we removed the 8th focus review video from the study planner since it is no longer relevant to this year's current issues readings. There is not an updated current issues focus review video, so there are only 7 focus review videos currently published.

Thank you,

Nicole

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
FYI: A new mock exam (Interactive Mock H) has been published under the Part 2 Review section of the study planner. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.