What's new

2020 Exam Update from GARP (updated on a regular basis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justyna80

Member
Subscriber
Frankfurt was postponed to January, but I still see on my account the exam date is 21/11...
Hopefully there will also not be last minute cancellations of cancellations if the situation would improve. :-/
 

Intbrok

New Member
Subscriber
Frankfurt was postponed to January, but I still see on my account the exam date is 21/11...
Hopefully there will also not be last minute cancellations of cancellations if the situation would improve. :-/
I don‘t think you should be worried about. In the email, GARP stated “Please allow some time for the exam date on your Dashboard to be updated to show the new January 16, 2021 date.“
 

Justyna80

Member
Subscriber
Thanks for info @Intbrok
I did worry a little bit, because I re-scheduled my study plan now, since I am also student at an university and will probably not be in the area of Frankfurt as the exam is postponed. So any last minute changes would not be welcome, probably not only for me...
 

The Intrepid

New Member
Subscriber
Does anyone have an update on New Jersey. I see New York exams being postponed but no update on New Jersey. Have tried calling Garp multiple times without luck.
 

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
Does anyone have an update on New Jersey. I see New York exams being postponed but no update on New Jersey. Have tried calling Garp multiple times without luck.
@The Intrepid

GARP has not announced any postponements for New Jersey yet. I check their announcements page numerous times per day so I will make sure to post any updates here.
 

mattheweidinger

Active Member
Subscriber
Is anyone here scheduled to write in Montreal on November 21? I'm curious to know if anyone has contacted the venues or GARP regarding the exam status. I know a few of us - after getting no answer from GARP - contacted the Montreal site A and site B testing centers and found out from them that the exams were cancelled in October.

I think that whether or not the November exams go ahead, and how they are administered, will be a good proxy for January exams in MTL.

Any insights from October takers appreciated.
 

lijincn

New Member
Does anyone know if the exam happened in places like New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts in October? Within US, I only saw announcement for delays for Los Angeles and New York. Does that mean the October exam actually happened in other US locations? For the November exam as well, so far it seems like there is only announcement for delay for New York.

I am a bit salty because I am in New York and wasn't paying attention to other US locations until now
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
Does anyone know if the exam happened in places like New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts in October? Within US, I only saw announcement for delays for Los Angeles and New York. Does that mean the October exam actually happened in other US locations? For the November exam as well, so far it seems like there is only announcement for delay for New York.
@lijincn

Yes, the exam took place in other locations in the US. I believe Los Angeles, New York, and San Francisco were the only exams postponed in the US in October (there may have been a couple of others but that is off of the top of my head). Announcements for all postponements are listed in the original post of this thread.
 

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
UPDATE: NOV 11, 2020
PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC NOVEMBER EXAMS POSTPONED TO JANUARY


Due to local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its November 2020 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Prague, Czech Republic to January 16, 2021. All candidates registered for November’s Exams will automatically be registered for January’s Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum. Candidates do not have to take additional steps to register for January.

UPDATE: NOV 11, 2020
LOS ANGELES NOVEMBER EXAMS POSTPONED TO JANUARY


Due to local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its November 2020 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Los Angeles to January 16, 2021. All candidates registered for November’s Exams will automatically be registered for January’s Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum. Candidates do not have to take additional steps to register for January.

UPDATE: NOV 11, 2020
SAN FRANCISCO NOVEMBER EXAMS POSTPONED TO JANUARY


Due to local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its November 2020 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in San Francisco to January 16, 2021. All candidates registered for November’s Exams will automatically be registered for January’s Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum. Candidates do not have to take additional steps to register for January.

UPDATE: NOV 11, 2020
GENEVA, SWITZERLAND NOVEMBER EXAMS POSTPONED TO JANUARY


Due to local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its November 2020 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Geneva, Switzerland to January 16, 2021. All candidates registered for November’s Exams will automatically be registered for January’s Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum. Candidates do not have to take additional steps to register for January.
 

cillianmccotter

New Member
Subscriber
@ktrathen How do you think we are looking to have the exam(s) proceed in Melbourne next weekend? I called the MCEC today and the person on the phone said it was "unlikely" but that he couldn't say for certain and that I should contact GARP! Have you had any correspondence thus far? I will be majorly disappointed if we can't sit it given how under control COVID is now (and with restaurants taking 40 people sans masks)....
 

ktrathen

Member
Subscriber
@ktrathen How do you think we are looking to have the exam(s) proceed in Melbourne next weekend? I called the MCEC today and the person on the phone said it was "unlikely" but that he couldn't say for certain and that I should contact GARP! Have you had any correspondence thus far? I will be majorly disappointed if we can't sit it given how under control COVID is now (and with restaurants taking 40 people sans masks)....

Hmmm, wow. I assumed it was ok to go ahead and have been studying accordingly. I would be seriously annoyed if it didn't proceed now given that we have essentially eradicated COVID-19. I haven't heard anything further from GARP despite sending a few emails. Please let me know if you hear anything.
 

cillianmccotter

New Member
Subscriber
Hmmm, wow. I assumed it was ok to go ahead and have been studying accordingly. I would be seriously annoyed if it didn't proceed now given that we have essentially eradicated COVID-19. I haven't heard anything further from GARP despite sending a few emails. Please let me know if you hear anything.

I absolutely will keep you in the loop, and have been operating in the same manner as yourself i.e. studying as if it were to go ahead. Sorry If I gave you an unnecessary shock! I just couldn't believe it when the person used the word "unlikely".. in any case, I emailed GARP (not that I expect them to give me a great deal of further information) so will let you know how that goes.. but fingers crossed there are no issues. Hope you've been enjoying the new found freedom where you can :)
 

ktrathen

Member
Subscriber
I absolutely will keep you in the loop, and have been operating in the same manner as yourself i.e. studying as if it were to go ahead. Sorry If I gave you an unnecessary shock! I just couldn't believe it when the person used the word "unlikely".. in any case, I emailed GARP (not that I expect them to give me a great deal of further information) so will let you know how that goes.. but fingers crossed there are no issues. Hope you've been enjoying the new found freedom where you can :)

I haven't been enjoying my new found freedom. I've been studying for this exam! Ha

If this thing gets postponed, I'm inclined to start studying for level 2. Is there much overlap do you reckon? Ie, would time devoted to certain level 2 topics help consolidate level 1 understanding?
 

stantonrussell

New Member
Subscriber
I absolutely will keep you in the loop, and have been operating in the same manner as yourself i.e. studying as if it were to go ahead. Sorry If I gave you an unnecessary shock! I just couldn't believe it when the person used the word "unlikely".. in any case, I emailed GARP (not that I expect them to give me a great deal of further information) so will let you know how that goes.. but fingers crossed there are no issues. Hope you've been enjoying the new found freedom where you can :)
The Melbourne convention centre is still closed per their website and I would not expect it to be reopening before the next phase from 23 November, as venues are limited to 20 people per space. I have been expecting to see the exam postponed to Jan 16, as the May/October exam is already scheduled then, but still preparing for 21 Nov in case....
 

ktrathen

Member
Subscriber
The Melbourne convention centre is still closed per their website and I would not expect it to be reopening before the next phase from 23 November, as venues are limited to 20 people per space. I have been expecting to see the exam postponed to Jan 16, as the May/October exam is already scheduled then, but still preparing for 21 Nov in case....

The next level is triggered by zero cases of community transmission within a two week period (that threshold will be reached tomorrow assuming no new cases). I have to assume, therefore, that this exam can go ahead as planned.

https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/last-step-coronavirus-roadmap-for-reopening
 

stantonrussell

New Member
Subscriber

ktrathen

Member
Subscriber
Yes, given the good run we have had over the last 2 weeks, it could be brought forward, but probably won't know until Sunday.

Agreed. It would be nice to have certainty, but I don't think we can know for sure. My plan is to keep studying practice exams for the next week, then if it gets postponed two months I'll begin FRM Part 2 material in the hope that there's enough overlap to keep Part 1 material fresh.
 

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
Agreed. It would be nice to have certainty, but I don't think we can know for sure. My plan is to keep studying practice exams for the next week, then if it gets postponed two months I'll begin FRM Part 2 material in the hope that there's enough overlap to keep Part 1 material fresh.
Please keep in mind that GARP announced some of the October postponements very last minute, so I would continue studying as all of you have been, but also be prepared that they may postpone. Calling a venue will not tell you if the exam is postponed because GARP is also changing venues if needed instead of postponing. :/

I am posting any new announcements here in this thread every day, so if there are any new postponements, you will see them here (you can follow the thread by clicking on Watch in the top right so you will receive email notifications when I post). Nobody really has any idea if a specific exam location will be postponed until GARP sends the actual announcements. From what I've seen, it doesn't seem like they are responding to the MANY emails that they are receiving asking about postponements in specific locations. I believe that emails regarding deferrals are taking priority at this time. These are only assumptions of mine just from reading through all of the comments in the 24 pages of this thread so don't quote me ;) I just don't want to see anyone wasting time trying to contact GARP about postponements in specific locations because I really don't think they are answering those emails right now. :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top