What's new

IMPORTANT 2021 Exam Updates from GARP (for 2021 postponed exam updates only)

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
This thread is only for updates regarding 2021 May exam postponements/cancellations. I will continue to watch the GARP announcements closely for any changes to the May 2021 exams and will post any important information here.

I encourage everyone who is waiting to hear about exam postponements to click "Watch" in the upper right corner of this thread so you will receive email notifications every time I post a new announcement.

GARP's Announcement Page:
https://www.garp.org/#!/important-notices/frm
GARP's Contact Information: https://www.garp.org/#!/about/contact-us

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
As of right now, there are no canceled exams. I've had a couple of people state that their individual exam was canceled, but after checking with GARP, it sounds like it is just an individual case where the exam center they chose is no longer hosting the FRM exam. I will keep everyone up to date if there are actual postponements/cancellations for a specific location/country. Remember that seats are limited, so you must choose your exam center as soon as possible.

badbunny

Subscriber
As of right now, there are no canceled exams. I've had a couple of people state that their individual exam was canceled, but after checking with GARP, it sounds like it is just an individual case where the exam center they chose is no longer hosting the FRM exam. I will keep everyone up to date if there are actual postponements/cancellations for a specific location/country. Remember that seats are limited, so you must choose your exam center as soon as possible.
Hi Nicole,

Seats are limited only for the Part 1 correct? They are doing computer based exams If I recall correctly.

Regards

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Nicole,

Seats are limited only for the Part 1 correct? They are doing computer based exams If I recall correctly.

Regards
Hello @badbunny

Yes, this is the email that we received from GARP regarding limited seats.

"As we are transitioning to CBT with the May 2021 Part I exam, candidates need to understand that registering with GARP and choosing either the May or July window is only the first step in the process and that to secure a seat at a site on a day/time that they want, they need to go to the site of the exam provider and schedule their exam. Requests are honored on a first-come/first-served basis so it benefits candidates to not wait until the last minute, lest they get shut out of their preferred day or time and have to adjust."

cillianmccotter

Subscriber
@Nicole Seaman

Hi all - just to add some information from a recent query I had with GARP on this. When I saw the note on the BT forum saying that candidates had to go to the test site, I asked GARP if this was the case - I had already registered my sitting/time in the test site in Dublin. I attached them my confirmation from PSI exams and asked them if I actually did need to go to the site before the exam (which with COVID restrictions would have been unnecessary hassle and problematic). They came back and confirmed I'm set to go and don't actually need to visit the site beforehand. I'll have to take their word for it for now, so I'm not sure if this is requirement is potentially location specific.

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
@Nicole Seaman

Hi all - just to add some information from a recent query I had with GARP on this. When I saw the note on the BT forum saying that candidates had to go to the test site, I asked GARP if this was the case - I had already registered my sitting/time in the test site in Dublin. I attached them my confirmation from PSI exams and asked them if I actually did need to go to the site before the exam (which with COVID restrictions would have been unnecessary hassle and problematic). They came back and confirmed I'm set to go and don't actually need to visit the site beforehand. I'll have to take their word for it for now, so I'm not sure if this is requirement is potentially location specific.
Hello, @cillianmccotter I just want to make sure my post above yours was understood correctly. When GARP says, "they need to go to the site of the exam provider and schedule their exam" they mean that candidates need to go to the website of the exam provider to schedule their exam. Not the physical exam location site.

cillianmccotter

Subscriber
Hello, @cillianmccotter I just want to make sure my post above yours was understood correctly. When GARP says, "they need to go to the site of the exam provider and schedule their exam" they mean that candidates need to go to the website of the exam provider to schedule their exam. Not the physical exam location site.
@Nicole Seaman Thank you for this - my interpretation of GARP's language sounds like it could do with some improvement!! :p I actually thought they meant a journey to the physical site - in my defense I think it could been worded more clearly on their end - website would have avoided any confusion perhaps?

bollengc

Subscriber
hello all,
I am wondering if other members are facing the same issue as I am facing.
I registered to take part 1 in July 2021. I keep receiving regular emails from GARP to ask me to finalise my registration by picking a test center. However when I connect following their link and pick July 2021 and look for a test center in the Netherlands, there is no test center.
I would be interested to get feedbacks.
thanks
Camille

Tommccabe

Hi I am reaching out to any Dublin FRM level 2 candidates - have any of you contacted GARP about their plans for May sitting? Level 5 restrictions reportedly in place now til May...where does that leave things? Ive had my exam postponed 3 times already - I emailed GARP last week and got the most useless response

cillianmccotter

Subscriber
Hi I am reaching out to any Dublin FRM level 2 candidates - have any of you contacted GARP about their plans for May sitting? Level 5 restrictions reportedly in place now til May...where does that leave things? Ive had my exam postponed 3 times already - I emailed GARP last week and got the most useless response
@Tommccabe I'm going to try and sit both in May - how realistic a proposition that is, I'm not sure. P1 is CBT format so I'll be pretty miffed if I couldn't even sit that, given that it's GARP's and other institutions' answer to COVID and the pandemic, but with the way cases are in Ireland, I wouldn't be surprised if it is also pushed out. With P2 in May being pencil and paper, it's anyone's guess. Just FYI - I was originally scheduled to sit P1 in Melbourne last year, and even having had 3 weeks of no local COVID running up to the exam, it was postponed - it ultimately depends on the restrictions in place in the area you're looking to sit. GARP have been notoriously poor in their communication - the Melbourne exam was cancelled 3 days beforehand, so getting a meaningful response out of them at this time is unlikely. But yeah pretty pessimistic outlook at the minute, and that's even with 3 months give or take until the exam. :(

MapuleMothibi

hello all,
I am wondering if other members are facing the same issue as I am facing.
I registered to take part 1 in July 2021. I keep receiving regular emails from GARP to ask me to finalise my registration by picking a test center. However when I connect following their link and pick July 2021 and look for a test center in the Netherlands, there is no test center.
I would be interested to get feedbacks.
thanks
Camille
im having the same issue, looking for a testing center in Dublin but nothing ever pops up and no one is responding to my emails over this issue, from GARP or the testing center.