What's new

IMPORTANT 2021 Exam Updates from GARP (for 2021 postponed exam updates only)

Nicole Seaman

Director of FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
For India location the last update has been in May'21. Our July slots exam occurring on scheduled date or are they also postponed till November? Can someone please confirm?
@HV1234 GARP has not announced any postponements for India as of today. I'm closely watching the announcements page on their website and will post here if I see any changes.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber

UPDATE: JUL 6, 2021
JULY FRM EXAMS PART I POSTPONED IN INDONESIA

Due to continued COVID-19 related restrictions, GARP must postpone all its upcoming July 2021 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exams Part I in Indonesia. All candidates registered for the July Exam will automatically be registered for a November Exam, which will be based on the same curriculum.

Candidates should allow some time for the exam window on their Dashboard to be updated to reflect this deferral to November. Once this is reflected on their portal, candidates must log in and schedule their exam appointment. As a reminder, appointments are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis and the deadline to schedule is October 20, 2021.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @Nicole Seaman

Approximately, how long would it take for deferral to show up on the dashboard?
Hello @NicD Unfortunately, we do not have any information about the specific process that GARP uses for deferrals so this is a question that you would need to ask GARP or another member here may be able to answer it for you.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber

UPDATE: JUL 8, 2021
JULY FRM EXAMS PART I POSTPONED IN OMAN

Due to continued COVID-19 related restrictions, GARP must postpone all its upcoming July 2021 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exams Part I in Oman. All candidates registered for the July Exam will automatically be registered for a November Exam, which will be based on the same curriculum.

Candidates should allow some time for the exam window on their Dashboard to be updated to reflect this deferral to November. Once this is reflected on their portal, candidates must log in and schedule their exam appointment. As a reminder, appointments are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis and the deadline to schedule is October 20, 2021.

UPDATE: JUL 8, 2021
NEW ROOM FOR JULY FRM EXAM PART I IN SINGAPORE

Due to a change in room capacity at our Singapore exam site (Agilitics Edutech Pte Ltd, #11-14, International Plaza, 10 Anson Rd, Singapore, 079903), Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exams Part I in July 2021 scheduled for Room #11-10 will now occur in Room #11-14. Exams will still occur as scheduled at the exact same time and location, and no additional action is required from candidates.

At this time, candidates should have already received a cancelation of appointment email from PSI. In addition, candidates should have received a new confirmation of appointment email with the correct room information. GARP is actively monitoring COVID-19 status and will continue to provide updates to you as the Exam date approaches.

inetkrige

Subscriber
Hi, checking if there is anyone writing exams this week in South Africa? The test centre I need to write at, is currently closed due to the protest and looting activities in Gauteng. They are not sure when they will open up again.
Have anybody heard anything from GARP regarding this? Would love to write and get it over with, but I do believe we are all quite distracted by the current situation in our country.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber

UPDATE: JUL 9, 2021
IMPORTANT SAFETY REQUIREMENT FOR JULY FRM PART I CANDIDATES IN PORTUGAL

Due to safety requirements regarding COVID-19, all candidates taking the Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exam Part I in Portugal must present a COVID Certificate or negative result valid within 48 hours prior to your exam appointment date/time. The results must be obtained by an antigen test (TRAg) carried out in a pharmacy. COVID-19 self-test results will not be accepted.

Candidates who do not provide a COVID Certificate or negative result will not be able to sit for the Exam and will be required to pay the exam fee when they re-register.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber

UPDATE: JUL 21, 2021
JULY FRM EXAMS PART I POSTPONED IN NANJING

Due to COVID-19 related restrictions in Nanjing, China, GARP must postpone its remaining July 22-23, 2021 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exams Part I.

All candidates registered for the July 22-23 Exam will automatically be registered for the November 2021 Exam, which will be based on the same curriculum.

UPDATE: JUL 21, 2021
JULY FRM EXAMS PART I POSTPONED IN ZHENGZHOU

Due to the heavy rainfall and massive flooding in Zhengzhou, China, GARP must postpone its remaining exam appointments from July 21-23, 2021 of the Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exams Part I in Zhengzhou.

All candidates registered for a July 21-23 Exam will automatically be registered for a November 2021 Exam, which will be based on the same curriculum.