Bionic Sample Papers

Discussion in 'About FRM' started by Avishek, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Avishek

Avishek New Member

Hi David,

I would like to go for some Sample Papers - would prefer solving as many sample as I can for the final 15 days to get the confidence on a high.

I was checking out all the FRM Preparation modules provided in the market but could only find Sample Paper Book available with Schwesers. However, I would wish to know from you before going for it, whether you would be coming up with Sample Papers. If you do, then I would like to have them rather than anything else. (Please note that I would not mind buying Bionic Sample Papers as well in case you are coming up with such modules).

Do keep me posted regarding the same.

Thanks, Avi.
  2. Hi Avi,

Do you mean sample exams? No, I do not currently have sample exams. GARP sells practice exams for $50.

I think I am the only provider who creates sample questions that are linked to the fresh learning outcomes (LO).

A sample exam would merely scramble these questions into exam format; it is too late for 2007, but do you think that would be useful?

Thanks,
    David
  3. Avishek

Avishek New Member

Thanks for your response David!

The one that GARP is providing is already with me. I don't think anyone would be buying it anymore as it's almost everywhere on the net (circulated by Pirates I guess... haha).

I have GARP sample 2006 and 2007 already and would be solving them - will just take 2 days to cover it. I was looking for more samples - wanted to solve not less than 10 papers before the exam to build in the confidence. Not sure if it helps others but surely does help me to a great extent.

I completely agree that your materials and questionaires are the best in the market, all up-to-date & thankfully not prepared with a commercial motive(fully). So no denying that fact.

Can you help me (or may be "us" in case others join me) in providing sample papers (all segments jumbled in the GARP pattern)? You can jumble up the questions that you have with you and prepare sample test papers, as it would be tough for me to jumble them up. Also you are more familiarized to the GARP question paper pattern - hence you can do the best job of clubbing them up to prepare papers for us. Also you can insert a few GARP Practice Exam 2007 questions as well to increase more variety.

Not sure if I made sense but it would be really cumbersome for me to sit and jumble them up and then solve at this point of time considering my long office hours. Would really appreciate if you can do it for me and many others out here - I am ready to wait till 5th November.

Thanks for your time and efforts everytime - it's very motivating.

Wishes, Avi
  4. Avi,

I can't promise anything but let me see what is possible in regard to creating a few scrambled sets of questions (i.e., that simulate a test). Our questions are all stored in XML so it definitely can be done (for next year), I just don't know about the viability in the near term.

(I was actually going to use the time to create some monster drill sets for some of the tough quant questions; like sets that allow virtually unlimited practice on some of the toughest questions...)

Thanks for your private message!

David