BT materials Vs Youtube

I am considering purchasing your videos re FRM level1, 2011 exam. You also seem to have uploaded lots of videos on youtube. What is the difference between your paid subscription and your videos that are freely available on youtube. I wont particularly need your notes but I want to have access to your lectures ONLY if you offer CONSIDERABLY more hours of videos than your free youtube lectures. Do your lectures provide step by step instructions/content or are they just random lectures on some of the topics required for FRM?

Also on your website I see individual packages (short courses), e.g; probability distributions, financial maths etc. Are those small topics/packages included in FRM level 1 subscription?

Thanks

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi quant2000,

Yes, the paid videos constitute a longer, organized, detailed "semester." (30+ hours each season, I think, but my goal is not to make customers endure longer videos; the contrary, I am typically trying to improve each year by haircuting the length). So, the paid videos are not random, rather, they are organized (each year, freshly!) according to the Study Guide/AIMS (here is the inventory @ http://www.bionicturtle.com/how-to/videos/category/risk-frm/?product=level-1|level-2)
... we basically have a freemium model, right?, which is typical on the web. Youtube is "my practice field" and we are a proud YT partner, so we get a little compensation for that. And some cannot afford the subscription, so it gives us a way to promote ourself and give limited, ad hoc help (e.g., I just started a CFA series, it is really to promote us and for me to practice my craft)

The individual (lower price point) packages we offer through our strategic partner, KESDEE ... they are not included in the FRM subscription.

Thanks for your interest, David

Thanks for your reply

Vow, your website, forums, textbook reviews and insightful comments on various topics seem to offer a wealth of information for a serious candidate. You seem to have done all the hard work for a novice like I am.
I’ve had an extensive look at your forums and sample videos and I wonder why Mr. Harper you are offering a service which is seriously underpriced!!!

One question that seems to have been asked so often on your forums is Pre FRM study materials and/or books. I’d humbly suggest that it would be very helpful for beginners like I am who are a bit rusty on quantitative side if you started a foundation/beginner’s course on FRM which might include maths, calculus and stats. In my opinion BT rightly deserves to be a one stop shop for FRM!!!

For now I wondered if you could briefly comment on one of the books you mentioned in your earlier threads “The Calculus Lifesaver”. Have you had a chance to read that book sir? I am particularly interested in this text because the author offers free video tutorials however the text seems more like a broad overview and not so sequential/formal in its approach.

I have a very good understanding of advanced finance topics and I also want to develop a solid understanding of mathematics/calculus before formally starting FRM. Now I am not too worried about econometrics anymore because I see you cover first few chapters of Gujarati in your video lectures but calculus is still a cause of concern for me.

Please suggest one calculus text above all that is robust and purely relevant and effective for FRM 1&2.

I’d appreciate your time and help greatly
Thanks