What's new

FAQ Before Exam Can all of the materials in the study planner be downloaded at once?

Biju George

Subscriber
Thread starter #1
Hi,

I just purchased the FRM Part-1 materials today only and went to the Study planner.

Can't we download the entire FRM Part-1 materials together ? or I need to download one by one for each topic?

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
Hello,

Our materials cannot be downloaded all at once. Our study planner is set up so you can go through the materials by reading and study at your own pace. It is organized according to the current GARP curriculum by part, topic and reading. You can check off the materials that you have finished and also download and save or print the materials for offline viewing.

Thank you,

Nicole

srini

Hi,
At least if each topic is, for e.g.
Part I: Tools & Theory | Financial Markets & Products->Hull, Risk Management: Chapters 2, 3 & 4 , is dowloaded as single zip file( study notes, spreadsheet, videos, etc) would be very useful.

thanks

ShaktiRathore

Subscriber
Hi,
Yeah I agree with srini above it would be helpful to the users if all the files can be downloaded as a single zip file. It would be difficult downloading many files rather than just a single zip in one go.

thanks

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi,
At least if each topic is, for e.g.
Part I: Tools & Theory | Financial Markets & Products->Hull, Risk Management: Chapters 2, 3 & 4 , is dowloaded as single zip file( study notes, spreadsheet, videos, etc) would be very useful.

thanks
Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion. The back end of our website is not as simple as just uploading a zip file unfortunately. Our study planner is set up for each subscriber to access only the materials that they have purchased. The packages are all separate so we are unable to just upload one zip file per reading. For example, the Basic package includes ONLY study notes and question sets so anyone who purchases a Basic package has specific permissions set up in our study planner (which is a program in itself). For those who purchase the Advanced package, the permissions are extended to access the instructional videos and interactive quizzes in addition to the Basic features. And the Professional package extends permissions even further to access Focus Review videos and spreadsheets. We put a lot of work and thought into creating a study planner that is organized and as user-friendly as possible, adding many new features and changes the last time we upgraded our entire website at the end of 2015. Thankfully, we have found that our users have been very pleased with the way that it is organized. I hope this helps to explain.

Nicole

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Staff member
Subscriber
And I would add to what @Nicole Seaman wrote: our approach allows us to quicky fix errors, typos and imprecisions (based on feedback in the forum). We don't always make fixes quickly, but on the other hand, sometimes Nicole fixes a document in the same week that it's discovered here in the forum. We've seen other products where errors persist (and confuse) for a long time. Our system allows for quick modular "swap-out" when needed. Thanks!