Difference b/w BT FRM Product Offerings

Discussion in 'About FRM' started by Jsmith887, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Jsmith887

Jsmith887 New Member

Hi all,

I will be taking FRM part 1 and part 2 in Nov. I saw online that the difference b/w Tier 2 and Tier 3 are the spreadsheets. I wanted to ask past Tier 3 users if the spreadsheets are worthwhile. I was looking for a sample online, but was unable to find one.

Also, in your experience, how much value-added are the videos? As a benchmark, I have used Schweser videos in the past; they were helpful, but not amazing.

Best regards,

James
  2. Suzanne Evans

Suzanne Evans Administrator

3. Jsmith887

Jsmith887 New Member

Thanks for your reply. I don't know how I missed Aleksander's post.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Hend Abuenein

Hend Abuenein Active Member

Hi James,

Compared to Schweser's videos, BT videos are better (IMHO), given that you give them time to register, i.e. stop, repeat and repeat again if you have to. Write questions, discuss on the forums, and combine them simultaneously with some question solving and you'll get the best results.
    I used only some of the spreadsheets, when referred to in the videos I watched. They were good and useful. But, whatever the tier of product, I'd go for the one that has the practice questions. That is the best of BT's products, aside of being irreplaceable by other PQs from competitors.

Good luck.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Aleksander Hansen

Aleksander Hansen Well-Known Member

BT's videos are definitely great, and I would say that the spreadsheets can really help you understand concepts that might seem abstract, as wel as allow you to learn from observing the behavior, first hand, when you plug-in different parameter values and so forth.
    • Like Like x 2