Early start with Bionic Turtle Note for Nov P1 Exam

NNath

Hi, The BT Material is available throughout this year, however I would like to confirm. Is it that we order it and start using for Nov P1 Exam. Thanks in advance for your suggestion.

Jo_

Subscriber
Hi Nikks99,

Although i'll leave it to David/Nicole to confirm, i do believe you are granted access to the forum/study planner for the duration of one year as of the moment you subscribe. So yes, you can already subscribe now and start using the materials which are online and which are already to 95% or more updated to the 2014 material (and hence the nov P1 exam)

Good luck with your study, i'm taking the P1 in two weeks and from personal experience, it's a journey with ups and downs :)

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi @nikks99 What @Jo_ says is exactly correct, except we aren't actually 95% updated (we are less updated than that, we tend toward 100% updated as the Nov exam approaches. There are various components, there are always some gaps). Thanks,

Last edited:

Jo_

Subscriber
I might have expressed myself wrongly, when i meant 95% updated, i was referring to the fact that 95% of the study material for the p1 exam is already available, not to the fact that 95% of the new material for 2014 is already updated? I was refering to the outstanding, not the the new flow, if you want :) Makes sense?

Either way, it's a more than solid base to already start preparing, and i would advice not to postphone and procrastinate if i were you...

procrastination.png

(always thought that was funny because it's so recognizable :))

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Ohhhh, I got you @Jo_ yes agreed! Thank you for posting a funny. @Nicole Manley did you see this? I am awarding a star for this (needed) contribution of funny during these stressful days. Thank you so much, it's nice to get a post that isn't a problem, here come my grateful emoticons :):cool::D:)

aaa999

Hi David does the study planner still have material published not relavent to 2014 from last year.I dont want to study unnecessary chapters. I would like to start and work the material through from one end.

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi @aaa999 The SP readings are labeled. You can skip the readings that don't match the 2014 syllabus exactly. In the meantime, yes, there will be a decreasing number of "older readings" as we continue to constantly update (is "relevance" a pure function of 2014 syllabus? It's a nice story but not nearly as much as you'd expect!). The best way to do what you want is start with T1 and/or T5 as we started our refresh at the begging of each Part. They are labeled and Nicole labels the update months so that recently updated can be identified. Thanks,

Last edited:

tosuhn

hi David & Nicole, can i just check as I only purchased the basic package of the BT materials and I noticed there are quite a number of sections that only has Instructional Videos. Aside from the choice of upgrading my package, are there other readings that i can read to supplement them instead?

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
@tosuhn,

We will continue publishing study notes and question sets to coincide with the 2014 GARP curriculum so there will be many more readings for you to study before the November exam. We publish as much as we can before the May exam, and then we continue to work on them throughout the second semester.

Thanks,

Nicole