What's new

Course Errors Found in 2021 Study Materials P1.T1. Foundations

Nicole Seaman

Director of FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Please use this new thread to let David and I know about any errors, missing/broken links, etc. that you find in the 2021 materials that are published in the study planner under P1.T1. Foundations of Risk. This will keep our forum much more organized. We appreciate your cooperation! :)

PLEASE NOTE: Our Practice Question sets already have links to their specific forum threads where you can post about any errors that you find. This thread is for any other materials (notes, spreadsheets, videos, etc.) where you might find errors.

Information needed for us to correct errors:

• Reading
  • Page number
  • Error

bollengc

Subscriber
hello Nicole and David,
thanks for all the work you are doing, it is really helpful.

I might have noticed a small typo (or part that requires enhancement for more clarity) in T1-FRM-5-Ch5-MPT-CAPM-v3.4
Page 26 - related to the example -> worksheet might need a small update as well.

I would put ex-post next to the Sharpe ratio, as I understand the sample data has been used to compute that Sharpe ratio (and we could use the assumption to compute the ex-ante ratio)
Realized (ex ante) TE -> this is in fact the ex post if I am not mistaken. (the ex ante is given by 2nd line Exp. tracking error)

Please let me know if I misunderstood something.
thanks,
Camille

Nicole Seaman

Director of FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Staff member
Subscriber
hello Nicole and David,
thanks for all the work you are doing, it is really helpful.

I might have noticed a small typo (or part that requires enhancement for more clarity) in T1-FRM-5-Ch5-MPT-CAPM-v3.4
Page 26 - related to the example -> worksheet might need a small update as well.

I would put ex-post next to the Sharpe ratio, as I understand the sample data has been used to compute that Sharpe ratio (and we could use the assumption to compute the ex-ante ratio)
Realized (ex ante) TE -> this is in fact the ex post if I am not mistaken. (the ex ante is given by 2nd line Exp. tracking error)

Please let me know if I misunderstood something.
thanks,
Camille
Thank you @bollengc You are correct. We are making the fix to itemize (# = comments just for us here):
  • Sharpe Ratio (ex post) # i.e., computed based on the return series (hypothetical but "actual")
  • Exp (ex ante) tracking error (TE) # i.e., the analytical function based on volatilities and correlation
  • Realized (ex post ) TE # ie., like the Sharpe computed from the returns
FYI, The only part of your comment that I don't understand is the red bold above. Perhaps you mean that the computed (ex post) Sharpe informs an ex ante forward-looking Sharpe ratio estimate? Since you made so much senses already, I want to make sure I get everything :) Thanks!

Last edited:

yisuho97

Subscriber
Hi, I've been noticing quite a few 'Error! Bookmark not defined.' messages in T1 Ch9 Learning from Financial Disasters and earlier study notes. Ch9 Practice Questions p.23 was where I thought this should be addressed as a single page had 4 same error messages. I have been neglecting the same message in previous notes so you can probably search for them as well. Thanks!Screenshot 2021-06-22 at 20.21.35.png