What's new

Course Errors Found in 2021 Study Materials P1.T1. Foundations

Nicole Seaman

Director of FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Please use this new thread to let David and I know about any errors, missing/broken links, etc. that you find in the 2021 materials that are published in the study planner under P1.T1. Foundations of Risk. This will keep our forum much more organized. We appreciate your cooperation! :)

PLEASE NOTE: Our Practice Question sets already have links to their specific forum threads where you can post about any errors that you find. This thread is for any other materials (notes, spreadsheets, videos, etc.) where you might find errors.

Information needed for us to correct errors:

• Reading
  • Page number
  • Error

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber

reiss1

Subscriber
T1 CH8 Enterprise Risk Management and Future Trends

p. 12

Would it be possible to check if this is a typo for "sourcing"?

"Under CCAR, firms are required to submit detailed capital plans. The capital plans must include assessments of capital souring and utilization, capital adequacy methodology and policy, and any expected business plan changes with likely material impact."

Erwin9292

Subscriber
P1.T2 page 15 states that 'the pmf refers to a continuous distribution, while the pdf refers to a discrete distribution'. Should this not be the other way around? Where PMF refers tot discrete and PDF to continuous?

Garbanzo

Subscriber
P1.T1 video lecture of Chapter 6 APT, 7:00

10 - 1.2 = 8.8 not 9.2 :D

P1.T1 video lecture of Chapter 6 APT, 11:55

1633639897394.png

The 2 in the middle should be a square

enjofaes

Subscriber
Foundations Chapter 9, 2021. Lot of different cases than in the video from the advanced package.

Garbanzo

Subscriber
Foundations Chapter 9, 2021. Lot of different cases than in the video from the advanced package.
yes, this is quite frustrating, the videos are not updated to even reflect some changes in the learning objectives. I planned to watch mainly the videos but after a while I found out the study notes are sometimes completely different, so in the interest of limited time, was just forced to study from the notes. which are full of confusing typos. not very happy.
coming from studying and passing all 3 levels of CFA with Mark Meldrum who has meticulous notes/up to date videos/quick discussion under each video/lower price, I was kind of disappointed

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
yes, this is quite frustrating, the videos are not updated to even reflect some changes in the learning objectives. I planned to watch mainly the videos but after a while I found out the study notes are sometimes completely different, so in the interest of limited time, was just forced to study from the notes. which are full of confusing typos. not very happy.
coming from studying and passing all 3 levels of CFA with Mark Meldrum who has meticulous notes/up to date videos/quick discussion under each video/lower price, I was kind of disappointed

Yes, the Foundations Ch. 9 video needs to be updated to reflect the changes that were made last year.

If anyone is unhappy with the Bionic Turtle materials, please feel free to contact us directly at [email protected] turtle.com to discuss this. A lot goes into preparing materials and we work very hard to provide the best materials possible. There are two of us (David and Nicole). We do not have a team of people working on these materials and we are only human. Please keep in mind that GARP changed the entire format of the Part 1 curriculum and it would have been impossible for us to update all of the notes, question sets, and videos to reflect the new format. The instructional videos will be updated this year; however since GARP did not actually change all of the learning objectives, they are very relevant to the current curriculum. There are going to be some videos that are outdated, but for the most part, the content is all relevant and will be tested on the exam. Thank you.

enjofaes

Subscriber
No problem, thank you Nicole. Will probably go over the 2021 and 2022 books in January and will forward the changes to you and David. I know BT does everything in their power to get the highest pass rates. And as I am starting rather early already, I am happy to provide a helping hand. Good luck!

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
No problem, thank you Nicole. Will probably go over the 2021 and 2022 books in January and will forward the changes to you and David. I know BT does everything in their power to get the highest pass rates. And as I am starting rather early already, I am happy to provide a helping hand. Good luck!
Hello @enjofaes We receive all of the changes from GARP each year and we create an XLS to analyze the changes, so no need for you to send them to us :) As soon as GARP releases the curriculum for 2022 to the public, we will publish our XLS analysis. You can see the current one here: https://www.bionicturtle.com/forum/threads/2020-2021-curriculum-change-analysis-spreadsheets.23609/. It includes all of the changes from 2012 to 2021.