FRM I 2016 - FRM II 2017

TestaR

Hi all,

I read that the FRM program change year after year.

I can not take FRM I in May, so I'd like to take it next autumn.

Do you think it's better to take FRM I and II in the same year ?

As an alternative: it would be feasible to take both? There's plenty of time I think...

Thank you in advance.

Riccardo

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @TestaR

Yes, the curriculum does have changes from year to year. We actually provide a spreadsheet analyzing the changes from year to year when the new GARP curriculum comes out. Here is that spreadsheet for your reference: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/2015-2016-curriculum-change-analysis.9173/. There are a lot of threads in the forum discussing your other questions on taking the exam. Here are a couple of those threads, but if you use the search function in the forum, you will find other threads discussing this.
This is also a great thread discussing other member's study plans, which might be helpful to you: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/bionic-turtle-study-plan-guide.8670/.

Hope this helps!

Nicole

carr9189

Hello @Nicole Manley

I am looking to begin FRM 1, but due to other commitments I would most likely be sitting for the May 2017 exam instead of Nov 2016. If the material changes from year to year and assuming the GARP books would change as well, how should I start studying ?

Carmen

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @Nicole Manley

I am looking to begin FRM 1, but due to other commitments I would most likely be sitting for the May 2017 exam instead of Nov 2016. If the material changes from year to year and assuming the GARP books would change as well, how should I start studying ?

Carmen
Hello @carr9189

Although GARP does change the curriculum each year, they do not change every reading. There are many readings that have not changed over the years so I would suggest starting with those readings, as they have been retained consistently. Each year, we create a spreadsheet that analyzes that changes in the curriculum from year to year. You can view the spreadsheets for Part 1 and Part 2 here in the forum: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/2015-2016-curriculum-change-analysis.9173/. These spreadsheets should help you to create your study plan according to the readings that have been retained over the years. I hope this helps! :)

Nicole

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
what may be the dates (eg. Dec16 Or jan17) when the updated syllabus will come to effect
Hello @surojitpalb

After the November exam, GARP will release the new 2017 curriculum. At this time, we will begin to prepare and publish updated and new study materials (usually the beginning of January). We continue to publish materials throughout the exam period.

Thank you,

Nicole

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
@Nicole Seaman , the updated exam syllabus has been published. Please share your views if the syllabus has got harder and what changes should we see now.
Hello @surojitpalb

I am currently working on the spreadsheet analysis that we complete each year to show the changes in the syllabus. Thank you for your patience, as I need to look through the new syllabus that was just released yesterday to make sure the spreadsheet is updated accurately. I will be posting it in the forum as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Nicole