FRM or CFA

Discussion in 'About FRM' started by Pegasus21, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Pegasus21

Pegasus21 New Member

Hi David/Suzanne,
    I am currently working in an Investment Management firm in Invest Mgmt Operations department in India. Can you please guide me whether I should go for an FRM or CFA. I am good at Maths and have a technical background and am interested in Risk. I am in doubt as many of my friends here in India even after getting certified to FRM are not able to get the risk jobs which they were looking for. I understand that having certified does guarantee a job but a CFA have better opportunities than a FRM holder in India. Can you please highlight in coming years the demand of FRM holders will be more in emerging markets too. I am too interested in FRM but confused by the say of few my friends. It would be really great if you can
    help me with the above queries.

Thanks
    Rahul
  2. Suzanne Evans

Suzanne Evans Administrator

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. I have already seen your previous inquiry posted this morning (the same as above) and David or myself will get to this ASAP. Right now is a very busy time as we are finalizing content and the exam is within a month's timeframe. David is extremely busy in the forum answering customers inquiries about practice questions and their concerns.

Please have a little patience and one of us will get back with you as soon as possible. I know this has been asked in the forum previously, therefore I plan to do a little research to provide you some links.

Thank you for your patience.

Suzanne
  3. Pegasus21

Pegasus21 New Member

Thanks for replying Suzanne..
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Suzanne Evans

• Like Like x 1
  5. Suzanne Evans

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hi Rahul,

@Suzanne: they are a little dated, it would be great to partner with Brian @ BIWS to update the general guidance on this. He's got a healthy practical, anti-exam bias ... I'll add it to projects

@Ruhul, In the meantime, can i suggest you change your forum name so your email is not exposed? See Suzanne's post at http://www.bionicturtle.com/forum/t...ou-change-your-screen-name-in-the-forum.5004/

Thanks!
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Pegasus21

Pegasus21 New Member

Thanks for the replies David and Suzanne
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Pegasus21

Pegasus21 New Member

Suzanne/David,
    Apart from FRM vs CFA academically can you please also guide me in the future of FRM holders specially in India or provide me some links on the same.
  9. Suzanne Evans

Hi Rahul,

I will have to see if I can find anything in the forum. I personally think this would be a hard question for David to answer as we aren't based in India. Hopefully someone whom may be in India that already holds the FRM or CFA certification will chime in. If I find anything, I will certainly post it.

Thanks,
    Suzanne
    • Like Like x 2