FRM Part 2

dwheats

Subscriber
Does Bionic Turtle have physical copies of the study material?
Would you consider Part 2 to be more or less difficult than Part 1?
Would you say more or less time is needed to study for Part 2 than Part 1?

I am considering writing Part 2 in Nov 2015 but concerned I may have waited too long.

It took me all of 2 months to prepare for Part 1, and that is after I had already passed CFA L2. I doubt there is as much overlap in Part 2 as there was with Part 1 and the CFA Program?

Insight is appreciated! Thanks!

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @dwheats,

Bionic Turtle does not provide physical copies of our study materials because you can access all of your purchased materials in our Study Planner. This ensures that you have the most up-to-date materials to study from. Our materials can be downloaded and printed for offline viewing also. I'm sure there are others in the forum that will answer your questions about the differences between Part 1 and Part 2. :)

Thank you,

Nicole

dwheats

Subscriber
Nicole, thank you for you're reply. I will be looking into Bionic Turtle as an alternative this time around as I did not feel adequately prepared for Part 1 using Schweser.

Are you able to give me any estimate on the time candidates generally report studying for Part 2?

Thank you.

dwheats

Subscriber
How many pages is BT's notes for FRM Part 2?
And will the BT notes for FRM Part 2 differ between Nov 2015 and May 2016?

Thanks,

Don

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
How many pages is BT's notes for FRM Part 2?
And will the BT notes for FRM Part 2 differ between Nov 2015 and May 2016?

Thanks,

Don

Hello @dwheats

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide the estimated number of pages in our study notes for two reasons. One, this would take a great deal of our time to go through every set of notes and add up the number of pages of each set. Two, we are constantly updating the study planner and will be adding new study notes throughout the exam period so we are unable to estimate how many additional pages we will be adding.

If you go into the study planner, you will see samples of the study notes that are currently published. Just click on the individual readings and then click on the notes. Each set of notes that is currently published shows the number of pages of that specific set in the description. We will continue to update the study notes in the study planner until the November exam. After the November exam, we will begin to update the study planner to coincide with the 2016 curriculum starting in January.

Thank you,

Nicole

dwheats

Subscriber
Is it necessary to use GARP books if using the BT study notes?
Sorry for all the questions, but you have been a great help.

Thanks, Nicole.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @dwheats

I wish I had a generic answer for you, however, it really depends on you as an individual. Some FRM candidates have used only BT materials and others found it necessary to add the GARP books to their studies. It can depend on a number of factors, including your education, experience and your individual study needs. There are some great posts here in the forum where other members have posted their study plans. This may help you out in deciding whether or not you will need to purchase materials other than BT to help you in passing the exam. :)
Hope this helps!

Nicole