What's new

FAQ Before Exam Getting Started With Your Purchased Materials

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi @sparty The short answer is about the spreadsheets is: no, not immediately, but yes, eventually! We work in a continuous update mode, so we revise the spreadsheets in batches:
  • With respect to youtube, after we finish a playlist sequence, we incorporate (organize) the revised spreadsheets into an update version of the associated workbook(s) in the SP. For example, we just finished a sub-series of 36 videos associated with Hull's P1.T3 (playlist here at http://trtl.bz/bt-yt-playlist-t3-products). Shortly after we finished this playlist, we updated the associated learning XLS so they contained an organized set of them, located here: https://www.bionicturtle.com/topic/learning-spreadsheet-hull-chapters-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-10-and-11/ In this way, eventually the learning XLS does contain an organized set of the associated youtube video XLS versions, but it won't contain the latest because it lags until we have time to perform a "batch update."
  • With respect to the forum, similarly, we have a project manager that assigns the XLS in a continuous update cycle. Each learning XLS is updated sequentially with relevant material from the forum; e.g., if a new problem is solved that utilizes a spreadsheet, if replying to a question produced a more intuitive version.
In this way, the intention is for the learning XLS workbooks in the Study Planner to contain the best, most organized version of all developed sheets. However, there is a lag. At any given time, there are many sheets (or really versions of sheets) that have not yet been incorporated up into the SP. I hope that's helpful!

Last edited:

wtys007

Subscriber
Hello,

I recently signed up for this platform. Where can I find the practice question bank? I only have access to the few mock exams.

Thanks.

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
Thread starter #23
Hello,

I recently signed up for this platform. Where can I find the practice question bank? I only have access to the few mock exams.

Thanks.
Hello @wtys007
Thank you for joining Bionic Turtle! Please note that I moved your question out of the study note error thread because it does not pertain to any errors in the study notes. This thread discusses how you can get started with your purchased materials. All of our materials are published in the study planner. The practice question sets are under each individual reading. The study planner is here: https://www.bionicturtle.com/frm-study-planner/. You will see that it is organized according to the GARP curriculum by Part, Topic and Reading. Please let me know if you need additional help after looking through the study planner.

Thank you,

Nicole

eldakrory

Subscriber
Hello. i'm new here FRM P1, i'm lost in this website
why there are many reading notes, questions, vedios from many authors? (Miller, Stock, watson, etc) ?
which note are we supposed to review?

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
Thread starter #25
Hello. i'm new here FRM P1, i'm lost in this website
why there are many reading notes, questions, vedios from many authors? (Miller, Stock, watson, etc) ?
which note are we supposed to review?
Hello @eldakrory

Please note that I've moved your question to our Getting Started thread, which provides information on getting started with your purchased materials. Our materials follow the exact order of the FRM syllabus by Part, Topic and Reading. You will want to go through the syllabus to familiarize yourself with the readings and learning objectives that will be tested on the FRM exam. These links will also help you to get started with your purchased materials:
I hope this helps!

Nicole