What's new

Head Start on May 2020 Part II with 2019 Materials?

markestante

I passed Part I in May and decided to take a deeper dive and slower pace for Part II, electing to sit for it in May 2020.

I would like to get started using both printed official curriculum and BT materials (I have already purchased the later). However, 2020 printed materials will not be available for several months.

Any thoughts/advise on whether it is advisable to purchase the 2019 textbooks now and use BT for the 2020 exam?

Nicole Seaman

Director of FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
I passed Part I in May and decided to take a deeper dive and slower pace for Part II, electing to sit for it in May 2020.

I would like to get started using both printed official curriculum and BT materials (I have already purchased the later). However, 2020 printed materials will not be available for several months.

Any thoughts/advise on whether it is advisable to purchase the 2019 textbooks now and use BT for the 2020 exam?
Hello @markestante

If you plan on purchasing the Bionic Turtle materials, it would be okay to them purchase now because our materials are updated to reflect the new curriculum once it is released by GARP. Until then, you can study the 2019 material that is published and you will still have access to any additional materials that are published once the 2020 curriculum is released. Your BT materials are available to you for one full year from your date of purchase. I hope this helps a bit!

Nicole

felipe932

I'm planning to do the same, because even if there are changes in the syllabus, I really doubt it will exceed more than 10% of the materials so I will feel more comfortable if I can start studying now