How long do we have to wait for employment verification?

sleepybird

You mean they said yours will be reviewed before March 30, 2013, that is 2.5 months after you submitted? Are you sure about that date?

I submitted my work experience on 1/9/13. I sent them email inquiry on 1/21/13. I got the below response from them on 1/24/13:

We are in receipt of your CV/Resume submission. Yours will be processed sometime between today’s date and March 30th. As soon as your resume is processed, and it has been determined that you meet all Certification Requirements, we will send you an e letter confirming that. Then, and only then, may you use the FRM Certification. You will not need to wait until the actual certificate has been received after the April 15, 2013 Distribution.

Note the email said it will be between "today's date", meaning if I hadn't sent them the inquiry they wouldn't be starting looking at mine.
This is way more than a month :(

naberius

I just tried accessing my profile on GARP website, but it was unavailable. Does this mean that they're updating my status?

ADISON2000

I'm having the same problem. I have been trying to access my status for the past 5 minutes unsuccessfully...let's hope that's is what is going on...

naberius

Just checked, my status still says FRM holder. Is there contact info that I can email to to ask about my application?

naberius

Hi David and Suzanne,

You mentioned that if a person didn't receive the employment verification within 4 weeks of submission that you would be able to ping your contact at GARP. I submitted my verification on January 3rd and still nothing. Would you please ping your contact? Thank you very much/

NewComer

Hi All,

I submitted my work experience on Jan 5. No news since then...
I saw some people had already got their confirmation.
What is going on? Or this is normal?

Suzanne Evans

naberius,

I've reached out to our contact to see how long it is supposed to take this year. I know last year individuals hadn't heard back after 8 weeks and at that point is when I communicated with our contact. I'd rather not start sending emails their way until a few weeks after the standard 4 week waiting period. I'm certain they have a lot of verifications to complete due to the release of results.

Thanks,
Suzanne

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Suzanne is absolutely right: I should not have offered our assistance immediately after one month. Apologies, I just appended my earlier post to clarify that we probably shouldn't reach out immediately at four weeks, see my appended offer here.

NewComer

David, Suzanne, thanks a lot!

However, all this stuff (reaching out, pinging contacts) looks, say, a bit unseriously.
There should be the only way = official one.
It's just common sence: once everybody can use the unofficial way --> the way is no longer unofficial...

Comments?

naberius

If you can get some sort of an advantage, in a completely legal way, why not?
This is more about avoiding unnecessary emotional trauma of having to wait for exp verification, which is actually harder than studying for/and taking the exam.

ADISON2000

I actually submitted my work experience on the same day I got my results (HK time, which might be the next day in US) and I am still waiting for the email from GARP.

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
NewComer Honestly it does not trouble me. I agree with naberius. The outcome is unchanged (I have zero reason to doubt the substance of the protocol), rather we have occasionally utilized our familiarity to check status. And our contact has done us the favor of a reply.

I'd imagine GARP gets more queries than they can possibly handle. I don't think people realize how difficult it can be just to manage all the communications, people can be relentless. Suzanne and I view it as customer service: if we can help within ethical bounds, we will do it. GARP could change the language to allow for more time, but people would still get nervous (fact!). With social media, it's hard to win for everybody. So, I am really grateful they will "take our call" since they can decide not to, at any moment ... in my book, GARP's accessibility to prep providers (not just us, all prep providers) is one of their best traits. Thanks,

Maximus_FRM2012

Congrats naberius!

I feel like I'm watching a slow clock go "Tick-Tock-Tick-Tock" waiting for GARP to verify the work xp. I hope in future years it does not take them 8 weeks to verify work xp because I personally do not think as a global organization it is acceptable to tell your members "we'll get back to you in 8 weeks..." no business would be in operation under this model.

Maximus