FAQ After Exam Is every certified FRM/ERP can be found in the GARP directory?

rujiewang

Hello,

I just passed the FRM II exam May18, thank a lot BT!

But i recently found out the directory webpage on GARP website where you can see who is certified. I searched one of my colleague's name (first name, surname, combination) but i could not find his name there. However I'm able to find the rest that i know who are certified ERP/FRM.

So my question is: is every certified FRM/ERP can be found in this directory? Is it related to whether you are GARP membership? or you might have the option to not to be publicly listed?

Thanks a lot
RW

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hello,

I just passed the FRM II exam May18, thank a lot BT!

But i recently found out the directory webpage on GARP website where you can see who is certified. I searched one of my colleague's name (first name, surname, combination) but i could not find his name there. However I'm able to find the rest that i know who are certified ERP/FRM.

So my question is: is every certified FRM/ERP can be found in this directory? Is it related to whether you are GARP membership? or you might have the option to not to be publicly listed?

Thanks a lot
RW
Hello @rujiewang

Congratulations on passing the exam! As far as I know, every candidate who has successfully passed both parts of the exam AND demonstrated a minimum of two years of full-time professional experience are added to the GARP directory of certified FRMs. It may be possible that your colleague has not completed the process to become a certified FRM after passing the exam. If their work experience has not been verified and accepted by GARP, their name will not show in the directory until that process is completed. If your colleague is concerned about this, I recommend contacting GARP member services directly.

Nicole

emilioalzamora1

This is a great question. The same happened to me; I checked a colleague who pretends to have mastered the FRM but is not listed in the directory. In the meantime I have serious doubts that he has been certified.

Karim_B

Subscriber
Hi guys
By default you’re opted out of being searchable in the directory. There’s an option that needs to be selected in your profile to be searchable.
Best
Karim

emilioalzamora1

Ok, so in a nuthsell: if you can NOT locate somone (e.g. who you might spot at Linkedin) in the GARP directory it does not say that this person has not been certified because he/she might have opted out of the search function.

Good to know. Thanks @Karim_B

brian.field

Subscriber
Ok, so in a nuthsell: if you can NOT locate somone (e.g. who you might spot at Linkedin) in the GARP directory it does not say that this person has not been certified because he/she might have opted out of the search function.

Good to know. Thanks @Karim_B

Rats! It would have been so much more fun if you found an illegitimate certificate holder! :)

emilioalzamora1

Hi @brian.field

Long time no hear. Seems you have been quite busy with your daily grind recently.?
(Sitting for the PRM in the near future; need to do sth to stay up-to-date with the stuff)

Well, you never know....it could easily happen that some people pretend to be a certificate holder (e.g.having passed the exams but did not submit work experience).