What's new

Is scanning passport required for name change?

Fittyfive9

Subscriber
Thread starter #1
My FRM name on record doesn't exactly match my passport so they asked for a scanned copy of my passport but is there an alternative? Should I send my drivers licence and switch to that as my official ID?

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
My FRM name on record doesn't exactly match my passport so they asked for a scanned copy of my passport but is there an alternative? Should I send my drivers licence and switch to that as my official ID?
@Fittyfive9

It would be best if you asked this question directly to GARP, as they are the only ones who can give you a definite answer. Have you tried to reach out to GARP at their email address or over the phone? Their contact information is here: https://www.garp.org/#!/about/contact-us. I would just hate for you to find out at the exam that your official ID is not going to be accepted, as GARP is the only one who can provide you with a 100% correct answer. If you do not receive a timely response from them, please let me know and I will see if there is anyone that I can reach out to in order to get an answer for you.

Nicole