What's new

Mark Carey ORR assigned readings

Has anyone been able to find the 3 Mark Carey ORR assigned readings (from the GARP Risk Institute) online? A search does not bring up anything. Is my understanding correct that the content covered in those readings is exactly what is in Hull Chapters 15 & 16? Thank you!

Nicole Seaman

Director of FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Has anyone been able to find the 3 Mark Carey ORR assigned readings (from the GARP Risk Institute) online? A search does not bring up anything. Is my understanding correct that the content covered in those readings is exactly what is in Hull Chapters 15 & 16? Thank you!
Hello @sohinichowdhury

The Mark Carey readings are located in the Part 2 GARP books under the Operational Risk section.
  • Chapter 17: “Management of Risks Associated with Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism" starting on page 289
  • Chapter 19: “Capital Regulation Before the Global Financial Crisis" starting on page 303 (John Hull Chapter 15was the previous author for these learning objectives)
  • Chapter 20: “Solvency, Liquidity and Other Regulation After the Global Financial Crisis" starting on page 317 (John Hull Chapter 16 was the previous author for these learning objectives)
You can see how the learning objectives match up in our curriculum analysis spreadsheet by clicking on the 2019-2020 tab.

I hope this helps!