Exam Feedback May 2017 Part 2 Exam Feedback

chopin

According to Schweser,
"Unsmoothing returns affects risk and
return estimates, and could have a dramatic effect on returns" . I remember one question that one option available was said: "Unsmoothing volility affects only risk" and I select it. Is it wrong? Please could anyone clarify? Thanks!

bpdulog

According to Schweser,
"Unsmoothing returns affects risk and
return estimates, and could have a dramatic effect on returns" . I remember one question that one option available was said: "Unsmoothing volility affects only risk" and I select it. Is it wrong? Please could anyone clarify? Thanks!

I don't think it said only risk, but I think there was one that said only returns and it was not correct

Part 2 Student

There was a question about hedge fund returns with a formula that looks like Pt - Pt-1 = 0.6781 -0.3722Pt-1 (don't remember the exact parameters)...which answer is correct?

FM22

Are you referring to the one - that was questioning about the diversification benefit?
The one with diversification benefit - I calculated the individual var (A+B+C) and Diversified Var with given Portfolio SD. Difference between both is the benefit.
I also did the same ✌

FM22

Can we please shed some light on Bitcoin questions?? Does using bitcoins by retail merchants decrease the cost for retail merchants??

cj9101

I was referring last year FRM material and missed reading about Bit coins . But from the general understanding of the whole distributed ledger system for bitcoins, I always thought that one of the major advantages would be about easy KYC , better Anti money laundering managements because of the transparency the whole system would provide. Everyone has the access to the transactions happening , which I though should mean easier traceability. Am I miss something big here ? :(
I also picked this answer but most of them says it is wrong... Our logic looks good right?

ABC_2017

There were two questions regarding Bitcoins.... In one of the questions they asked about the benefit of retail merchant if they start accepting Bitcoins?
one of the benefit in the choices was " Less cost for retail merchants" i chose this answer. as bitcoins are less expensive then other payment solutions I guess :(
do u remember the options.

The more the questions are being discussed, the more it seems impossible for me. :(