Exam Feedback May 2017 Part 2 Exam Feedback

riteshrr99

Failed :( 3,4,4,2,1
Just studied from Schweser, because of working hours and started in Feb'2017. Wondering how i should start for November 2017. I want to Pass with Flying colors in Nov'2017. Request to kindly guide me please.

Last edited:

Roddefeller

Just studied from Schweser, because of working hours and started in Feb'2017. Wondering how i should start for November 2017. I want to Pass with Flying colors in Nov'2017. Request to kindly guide me please.

The only safe way is BT questions/summaries and official GARP readings. Good luck and fingers crossed.

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
@riteshrr99 the pass rate info was just tweeted (2 hours ago) by GARP (see tweet at https://twitter.com/GARP_Risk/status/880085908841693185). FYI, I just updated our long-term chart for the FAQ:

0628-frm-pass-rates-may17.png

farahm

Definitely use BT (questions and notes) - don't skip anything. The questions are very well written and the same thinking/strategy goes behind real exam questions. I did the questions as many times as I can over and over and you always learn something new. Forum is also key. I did not use Schweser and don't feel that I needed. Take the time to read the readings - if you have the time (especially testable topics eg. VaR, Credit risk) !

Daniel26

Hey,

submitted my work experience yesterday and received the approval a few hours later :)

Thought this would take much longer....

So I guess - official FRM certified :)

Attachments

• IMG_0979.PNG
    IMG_0979.PNG
    81.1 KB · Views: 104
for Nov'17 takers, my advice would be to go through as many forum threads as possible. Read a topic, BT or GARP reading (I did schweser only for Ops and current issues), your choice, and then go through relevant threads, I learned a lot from the forum in addition to David's notes ofcourse. I made it a point to go through atleast couple of threads everyday, consistently, so whatever I wanted to revisit, it tagged it with 'watch this thread', you will find excellent comments from veterans @brian.field , @arkabose , @emilioalzamora1, @Dr. Jayanthi Sankaran , @QuantMan2318 , and so on.. these people help us through all stupid and wise queries. Good Luck !

vistag

Hey,

submitted my work experience yesterday and received the approval a few hours later :)

Thought this would take much longer....

So I guess - official FRM certified :)

Congrats Daniel , that is quite quick . Submitted mine yesterday and fingers crossed. Do you get an official mail confirming it or do we need need to keep refreshing in the website regularly?

Daniel26

Congrats Daniel , that is quite quick . Submitted mine yesterday and fingers crossed. Do you get an official mail confirming it or do we need need to keep refreshing in the website regularly?

Hey, you will receive an email from Member Service. Still wondering how quick they replied...

riteshrr99

Definitely use BT (questions and notes) - don't skip anything. The questions are very well written and the same thinking/strategy goes behind real exam questions. I did the questions as many times as I can over and over and you always learn something new. Forum is also key. I did not use Schweser and don't feel that I needed. Take the time to read the readings - if you have the time (especially testable topics eg. VaR, Credit risk) !

Thanks a lot for your guidance ...............Roddefeller and farahm, Appreciate it a lot !! :)

bob fisher

passed 1,2,1,4,2 order seems a little bit confusing to me, nevertheless i am extremly happy.
BT was a good choice, during solving BT questions I learned a loot of theory.

Congratulations to all the newly FRM certified!
I would like to seek your advice. I have passed level 1 this May, and I was wondering if it's too late to start studying for Nov'17 level 2 exam? I understand level 2 study material is more lengthy than level 1.. and hence i am not sure if I should take it Nov'17 or May'18 - given that I have a full time job? Would like to hear your thoughts..