November 17, 2012 Exam Results released - January 2, 2013

aadityafrm

Cleared Level II with 3,1,1,1,3....no surprises for 3rd quartile in the 'Current Issues' as I did not even finish reading it but 3rd quartile in 'Market Risk' is a bit of a disappointment for me. But, I wish to thank David and Suzanne for excellent quality practice questions and their fantastic support throughout which made this possible.

nsyx

Although it was sometimes brutal, I did both parts at the same time and passed 1st quartile on everything!

Thanks David & Suzanne.

bluekaktus

Failed in Part I. Got 2 3 2 4. 4th qurtile in valuations topic. Does it mean that if had 3rd in Valuation topic (my performance would be 2 3 2 3), I would have passed?

I used Schweser for FRM part 1 and 2 in Nov 2011 and the results were 1,2,2,1 and 3,3,4,4,1 respectively.

So, I sat for part 2 in Nov 2012 and this time using BT, I got 4,4,3,4,4. I felt shocked with the result as I was quite optimistic after the exam. I really dont know what to do.

In fact, I have passed level 2 of the CFA program, but I have heard people passing part 2 of FRM but failing level 2 of the CFA program.

I think that you need to give yourself a break, about a year or so, recharge yourself and then give it a shot. Also try the GARP core materials in your next attempt.

caramel

Failed in Part I. Got 2 3 2 4. 4th qurtile in valuations topic. Does it mean that if had 3rd in Valuation topic (my performance would be 2 3 2 3), I would have passed?

Valuation is a heavier topic 30% weightage . It depends on the raw score . Not just the quartile . Cause one can be anywhere in the quartile

ArbitUP

Quartiles are just a guide and not your raw score. Remember you could have been anywhere from 26-50th in your 2nd quartiles and 76th to 100th for your 4th. Holding topic weights constant, an increase in any topic should improve your chances at passing equally. As in going from 40th to 30th is equivalent to 80th to 70th, even though the quartiles change.

NewComer

Cleared Level II with 3,1,1,1,3....no surprises for 3rd quartile in the 'Current Issues' as I did not even finish reading it but 3rd quartile in 'Market Risk' is a bit of a disappointment for me. But, I wish to thank David and Suzanne for excellent quality practice questions and their fantastic support throughout which made this possible.
Come on, did you really read (afraid of saying purchase) this stuff?
I've got 3 on Current Issues basing just on common sense...
Would-be FRM should distribute efforts/money rationally...

lens

Come on, did you really read (afraid of saying purchase) this stuff?
I've got 3 on Current Issues basing just on common sense...
Would-be FRM should distribute efforts/money rationally...

That's kind of mean to say...

Almost everything appears as common sense to the person that knows the information.

NewComer

That's right.
Except for minor (and valuable) thing: I did not purchase any selling textbooks/core readings - information must be free.
No problem - do exams as hard as you can; but making money on trivial things is disgusting...

Example. Occasionally I deliver lectures on Risk Management to students.
Before taking exam official declaration is: “You may use ALL resources (books, notebooks, net, mobiles) to solve 5 cases. Please be aware not of all these resources may be available. 1,2,3 – Go ahead!”
Before the exam I paid my personal $150 per hour to movable silencer station: 50 meters radius. Naturally, everybody in the office is aware of it and official permission is on hand.
You should see the picture after 30 minutes: all are sitting still like rabbits…
This may not be the answer; but I am still not fired!

Slv

I passed part I with 1st quartile on all four area, Thanks David!

After using your material and practicing your questions (some of them very challenging) I found the exam a lot easier than expected.
Thanks again.

PL

Just submitted my two year experience.

Does anyone know how long it takes GARP to approve?

Thank you.
Hello there and congrats for the results. I also pass the second part but i wonder how to submit my working experience...i m thinking to copy part of my resume related to the risk related work experience..is it ok?

Sha

Hi .. Can any one help me with what materials u used ... I failed for second time in row.. i used only schewser notes... can u plz guide me

Passed Part 1 with 1,1,1,2

Thanks David & Suzanne
BT Material & especially Practice Questions were very helpful.