I failed CFA L2 in Band 10 last year, which I felt I was going to pass.
Could not devote more than 140 hours max(read only from Schweser, and post exam felt I am going to fail). Though I won't suggest it, I think God was too lenient this time. Passed with 1-1-2-1.This exam must be really difficult for all.
PS: my first attempt at Part 1
PPS: Over to crashing Level II now
Passed part 1!! Happy to see the result.
My take on FRM exam:
1. Forget all the official mock tests, It just a time pass. It is no where close to what you see in actual exam.
2. Either know something fully or not...nothing in between. i.e. only deep understanding from analytical and quantative perspective will get you things done.
3. Never expect CFA L1 like one liner questions might appear
4. Earlier BT questions were more difficult than FRM actuals, This is not true any more.
5. Be super strong in the topics which appear in CFA and FRM ( almost 20-30 %), it has double reward.