Exam Feedback November 2016 Part 2 Exam Feedback

Siqueue

After the exam I was very worried to fail but now got 1,1,1,1,1! I am speechless, thanks a ton David, Nicole and all! I would never been able to juggle work and exam without this forum!
Ha, I came out of the exam feeling pretty good then read this thread, got depressed, and started worrying about failing only to get straight 1s as well. Pretty much the same as for level 1, in fact. Never had exams that were so hard to estimate my results...

Arnaudc

Guys for the work experience, what should we understand by manager name?
Is it our own name or the name of our manager?... I am not sure to understand the usefulness of this.. :confused:

emilioalzamora1

the question is: do they call every single manager and ask for the details or is it just a formality? Judging from some comments of colleagues here I guess they don't get in touch with the manager.
Can anyone please elaborate?

My question: does consultancy work (over periods of 3months) count as work experience in risk?

Moey

Do they call the manager? I have past managers that I am not sure if reachable as contact was old!

They might. It's probably random or discretionary based on your work experience. I wouldn't worry about it unless you're trying to trick them.

Xin Zhan

Studied for 2 months while on maternity leave, had no clue after the first round of reading. Did all of David's question, i through it's unnecessary difficult, but the exam is just as difficult. Thank you David and the team! David is always on the forum to answer questions, couldn't have passes without you! Best study material for FRM.

adambschrier

I used schweser for part 1 and believe the only reason I passed was that I found some BT videos on youtube and watched them over and over again. I said if I passed part 1 that I would definitely use BT for part 2 and I did.
I even did better on part 2 than part 1. 3,2,1,1,2.
I have already recommended BT to a few colleagues who were on part 1 and blown away by how unprepared they were.
Thanks for your help David and BT!

emilioalzamora1

Great @adambschrier! I think for qualitative readings when looking for brief summaries Schwester notes are quite good as well. Even if they come with some mistakes occassionally as I have already pointed out to James Bullard (Rutgers University) who is an instructor at Schweser. But for all the more technical aspects there is only BT!

MM360

Passed Part2 first time!!!!
Both done in 1 year Thanks a million David and Nicole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will be recommending to all friends and colleagues who want to do FRM.

Can someone explain how the process for submitting work exp is ?

Do we upload a CV ?

Siqueue

Passed Part2 first time!!!!
Both done in 1 year Thanks a million David and Nicole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will be recommending to all friends and colleagues who want to do FRM.

Can someone explain how the process for submitting work exp is ?

Do we upload a CV ?
Go to the page on Garp where you get your results. On the right side of the page you can click to submit your work experience. The process involves entering your work experience in a series of webforms: dates, title, company, manager, and a 100 word job description for each role.