Exam Feedback November 2017 Part 2 Exam Feedback

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
fwiw I just wrote our contact at GARP with the following suggestion:
"Hi Kristina,

Some of our members and visitors are frustrated by the work experience review timeline. Apparently, a lot of candidates submit their work experience on Jan 3rd or thereabouts. Have you considered accepting evidence of work experience (for review) at anytime subsequent to exam registration, but including PRIOR to receipt of pass results. Obviously, a candidate's work experience cannot deteriorate (ie, cannot decrease) such that pre-qualification seems logical. In fact, GARP might consider going even further; e.g., CFA allows for soft self-prequalification https://www.cfainstitute.org/community/membership/process/Pages/work_experience.aspx"

Thank you, David. That is an excellent idea. It works well with the CFA Institute. I loaded my four years' experience and references in straight after I sat my Level 3 paper and I had been granted full membership before results days. When the results were published, I got a further email confirming award of the Charter within a few hours.

AliAl

Hello guys!

Any news regarding the work experience? nothing on my side, I submitted on the 3th January.

Thank you,

Ali

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
I did contact GARP on January 24th to see if they could give me an estimated turnaround time for certification. I told them that many of our members were concerned that they have not received their certification email yet. They responded saying that they expect everything to be caught up by the end of this week. It is definitely not a guarantee, but I wanted to share this with all of you. I know it is very difficult having to wait!!

Walex

I did contact GARP on January 24th to see if they could give me an estimated turnaround time for certification. I told them that many of our members were concerned that they have not received their certification email yet. They responded saying that they expect everything to be caught up by the end of this week. It is definitely not a guarantee, but I wanted to share this with all of you. I know it is very difficult having to wait!!
Thanks a lot! Let's see if GARP manages to review most or all of the application until the end of the week.

PS: I submitted my work experience as soon as 5.30 am CET on 3rd Jan.

frankdc11

Since we are all still waiting... Here is a question for anyone that has been certified in the past or just might happen to know the answer through searching the Garp site...

What size is the certificate when it comes in the mail? What size frame would someone need if they want to frame it?

I mean, I'm not one to be in a hurry to frame anything. My masters degree stayed in it's UPS envelope in my closet for over a year before my wife decided to buy a frame and hang it.

berrymucho

Since we are all still waiting... Here is a question for anyone that has been certified in the past or just might happen to know the answer through searching the Garp site...

What size is the certificate when it comes in the mail? What size frame would someone need if they want to frame it?

I mean, I'm not one to be in a hurry to frame anything. My masters degree stayed in it's UPS envelope in my closet for over a year before my wife decided to buy a frame and hang it.

The certificate itself is standard US Letter size, 11 in x 8.5 in. It comes in a folding cover that is 12 in x 9.5 in. Get ready...

Can we expect a flurry of certifications today? GARP said they will be up-to-date by the end of this week, so I'm assuming that the happy posts will start appearing very soon......