Exam Feedback November 2018 Part 2 Exam Feedback

Mirza2000

It is a public holiday in the US today so I don’t expect anything today :(
It's only a federal holiday in some states. That being said, don't hold your breath even if GARP personnel is working (you may be disappointed). At the speed at which they're reviewing the files, consider yourself lucky if they manage to send you an email by the beginning on March. I'm in the same boat. Just be patient, it's coming.

IB_frm

No worries, we still have time till end of the year to be approved
well if you're looking for a new job it's better to have a certification than to mention a vague note that you should be certified soon...And end of year would mean not receiving the certificate this year...After all those are just sent on few dates (like end of March) and then take up to 8 weeks...so even those won't be available till May or even June...
But still hoping to get some reply soon...*fingers crossed*

Mirza2000

well if you're looking for a new job it's better to have a certification than to mention a vague note that you should be certified soon...And end of year would mean not receiving the certificate this year...After all those are just sent on few dates (like end of March) and then take up to 8 weeks...so even those won't be available till May or even June...
But still hoping to get some reply soon...*fingers crossed*
I believe that what Freeman meant to say is that GARP is processing the demands very slowly and that "end of year" is just a form of sarcasm. We should all get it before April but as to when, it's anybody's guess.

FreemanMI

Ok, approved today, also submitted my work experience on the 3rd of January, around 9EST. Too bad they approved exactly after my bday, would have been approved at 26 hehe.
Good luck everyone, hope you get approved very soon!

cfa2015

10 CET = 4AM EST.... I got another 12 hours to go, seems like its 2 hours per day, another 6 days for me
GARP's work experience verification process is a joke. I submitted mine on January 6th which means I will be waiting for years now. Reputation risk for GARP.

anirudhjay

I submitted on January 4 (and I certainly didn't keep track of the exact time of submission). I could have submitted on 3rd, but was too bored to type in my work experience description. Wish I knew it would mean a long wait!

vanhvidieu

Anyone knows the average score to pass FRM level 2? For instance, if you gain 1,2,3,4,5 for 5 parts, you have 1*25% + 2%25% + 3*25% + 4*%15 + 5*10% = 2.6, if cut-off is 2.5, you will pass. In otherwise, you will fail. Thanks for your time!

anirudhjay

Anyone knows the average score to pass FRM level 2? For instance, if you gain 1,2,3,4,5 for 5 parts, you have 1*25% + 2%25% + 3*25% + 4*%15 + 5*10% = 2.6, if cut-off is 2.5, you will pass. In otherwise, you will fail. Thanks for your time!
By your approach someone with 1,1,1,1,1 will end up with a score of 1 and will (gasp) fail!

The simple answer to your question is that you get a quartile for each section and passing scores are not revealed but can be implied if you end up with an unbiased sample of FRM 2 participants who are willing to share their scores. Also implying that 5 in 1,2,3,4,5 is impossible.

dkshah1412

Why even bother about all this calculations....simple strategy is....study hard...cover all topics...give your best...

frmwriter

This is how I approached it. best score you can get is 1,1,1,1,1 = 5. Worst score is 4,4,4,4,4 = 20. I noticed people with 14 or 15 total passing, I am assuming the high score was contributed by a low quartile (4s) in investment risk, current issues etc where the weight is lower.