Exam Feedback November 2019 Part 1 Exam Feedback

saurabhjain

Hi David Sir
Firstly a big fan of your teaching as well as content depth and coverage. Just wnna tell you that i being a corporate trainer could not manage to give much time and hence studied one week day night day but from your youtube videos Etc. since i have 8 other parallel qualifications i could manage to get 1332. Now i just dunno whether its sufficient to pass or not bcz many ppl around many groups hav got such quartiles and they hav passed yet i have failed. I dont mind studying properly and reappearing but can this actually happen? There is someone called asad.nassur a fellow forum member who has posted above the same quartile. And he passed. Should i mail to GARP. is there some error. What m i missing here? All are saying to mail to garp about this. I just want ur honest opinion. Will do as u say.

Last edited:

DoctorEximius

I thought the exam was quite easy, but this is because I did 800 Wiley questions, 1600 AnalystPrep questions, and all free mock exams I can find on Bionic Turtle. I even became so cocky that I thought about skipping all the questions I wasn't sure, though I made a guess on them at the end.

So I passed comfortably, though I still didn't expect to pass with 1-1-1-1.

Congratulations to all who passed the November 2019 FRM L1!

wool

Hi David Sir
Firstly a big fan of your teaching as well as content depth and coverage. Just wnna tell you that i being a corporate trainer could not manage to give much time and hence studied one week day night day but from your youtube videos Etc. since i have 8 other parallel qualifications i could manage to get 1332. Now i just dunno whether its sufficient to pass or not bcz many ppl around many groups hav got such quartiles and they hav passed yet i have failed. I dont mind studying properly and reappearing but can this actually happen? There is someone called asad.nassur a fellow forum member who has posted above the same quartile. And he passed. Should i mail to GARP. is there some error. What m i missing here? All are saying to mail to garp about this. I just want ur honest opinion. Will do as u say.
I think quartiles are just indicate range of scores of individuals but the pass/fail decision must be based on a definite cut off or plethora of other sub-cutoffs. Now, even if 2 people have same quartiles, they may have different totals marks which might have been crucial in determining the pass/fail decision. However, there might be other decisive factors considered by GARP which i am oblivious.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
I thought the exam was quite easy, but this is because I did 800 Wiley questions, 1600 AnalystPrep questions, and all free mock exams I can find on Bionic Turtle. I even became so cocky that I thought about skipping all the questions I wasn't sure, though I made a guess on them at the end.

So I passed comfortably, though I still didn't expect to pass with 1-1-1-1.

Congratulations to all who passed the November 2019 FRM L1!
@DoctorEximius

While we obviously have no problem with candidates using other prep providers and visiting our forum, we definitely do not appreciate people coming to our forum to talk about how they've used stolen BT materials. We do not offer any free mock exams so your comment tells everyone that you've used illegally obtained materials (yes, it is illegal to sell or share BT materials). It amazes me that people are willing to not only use our materials that were not purchased on our website, but they also have no problem coming to our forum to talk about it. :eek:

To all of our loyal members who purchased our materials the right way (on our website), we truly appreciate it! It shows that you know how hard we work to provide you with materials that will help you to pass the exam. David and I are not robots here. We are two people who spend endless hours preparing these materials and we greatly appreciate our customer's loyalty.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi David Sir

This thread where David provides a great explanation regarding quartiles may be helpful to you: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/quartiles-and-weights-exam-results.9883/. I will also say that although you used our YouTube videos to study, we also offer study packages that provide materials covering the content that is tested on the exam. I think many would find it difficult to pass the exam using only YouTube videos. Our study materials go in-depth to help you learn the concepts, and you would also gain paid access to the full forum, which contains much more detailed information than the free sections.

I hope this helps! :)