operational risk management certificates

Discussion in 'After the FRM: Careers & Other Exams (eg, CFA)' started by hellohi, Aug 9, 2016.

1. hellohi

hellohi Active Member

dear guys,

I am working in operational risk management and business continuity management, do you know what certificates I have to have to enhance my chances to get a good job?

best regards,
    Nabil

2. seidu

seidu Member

3. hellohi

hellohi Active Member

I am studying now for FRM but what else? the operational risk management overlaping with audit....

4. seidu

seidu Member

...:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hesham_87

Hesham_87 New Member

@hellohi There is an operational risk manager certificate, which is offered by PRMIA. it focuses on operational risk field intensively. highly recommended. Thankfully, i earned this certificate in September 2016. if u r going to plan to earn it, please do not hesitate to contact me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Hesham_87

Hesham_87 New Member

• Like Like x 2
  7. hellohi

hellohi Active Member

thanks a lot
    dear as I knew...it is not a professional certification, the website of PRMIA says this?

they say "This is not a professional designation and cannot be added to candidate’s business cards".

thanks again
    Nabil

8. Hesham_87

Hesham_87 New Member

well it is NOT as same as CFA or FRM, it is not a designation, yet it is a professional certificate that you may add in yr CV.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. hellohi

hellohi Active Member

do you know another certificate related to operational risk?

10. Hesham_87

Hesham_87 New Member

11. TK

TK New Member

New
    Hi, I need some inputs and guidance on the ORM certification, can you assist

Regards,
    TK

12. Hesham_87

Hesham_87 New Member

sure... how may i help?

13. TK

TK New Member

Hi,

Thanks you so much for the support.. I am currently taking up ORM role and wanted to take up the certification... I wanted some guidance on the below points Would 3-4 months study time would be sufficient with allocating around 8-10hrs of time per week
    Do we need of ching or can manage o n our own
    Can we get the course material from the free ware by chance

Regards,
    TK