Preparation for May 2013 Part 2 Exam

Robert

Subscriber
Hi David, Suzanne,

I want to commence studying for Part 2 as soon as possible and I'm currently planning my approach. I've downloaded the Study Guide, Exam Preparation Handbook and Exam Study Guide Changes from GARP and it appears there are quite a few changes in the Part 2 curriculum for 2013. In this context, I have a couple of questions.

- GARP states that Part 2 core readings will be available in "early January". This is rather late and I'm sure this will impact your ability to deliver study notes and practice questions in a timely manner. I don't like bothering you with this type of question but I'm curious if you can provide an estimate for availability of the study notes and an initial pdf suite of your practice questions.

- I remember you having a formula sheet for the May 2012 Part 1 exam but I am not able to locate it for Part 2. Can you please point me in the right direction and let me know when this is expected to be available for 2013?

Thanks,
Robert

Suzanne Evans

Prajwala,

There will not be focus reviews for the May exam. Unfortunately between now and May we only have the time to prepare the study notes, videos and pq. The focus reviews are prepared after the May exam to be available for those taking the exam in November.

You will still have access to the 2012 Focus Reviews though.

Thanks,
Suzanne

MMurali

Hi,
I would like to know the suggested manner of preparation for FRM Part 2 i.e., do we study all the Study notes, followed by solving problems and then watching the videos? Also, approximately how long do you reckon a candidate should take in studying each of the 5 sections in Part 2 (on average)? Thanks.

Aleksander Hansen

Hi,
I would like to know the suggested manner of preparation for FRM Part 2 i.e., do we study all the Study notes, followed by solving problems and then watching the videos? Also, approximately how long do you reckon a candidate should take in studying each of the 5 sections in Part 2 (on average)? Thanks.

That's a very subjective question and depends on how you learn - as well as your background. For the time commitment, David has a nice chart showing average study times of FRM candidates for P1, P2 and P&P2.

Personally, I would watch the videos to get a broad overview, then supplement with the study notes, and then do some questions for that chapter/section. Basically, work your way from intuition and the general framework down to the minutia of particulars.

MMurali

Thanks Aleksander. I have not been able to locate the chart you mentioned. Can you please post the link? Thanks.