Problem in going through Market risk B part 1

higaurav

Hi David,

While going through the material, I am facing some problem in download of 2008 episode 5 Markt risk B part 1 after some 11 min, it does not go forward. And similar issue in the new quant flash quiz as well.

Is it due to some problem in your sever since yesterday? Pls advice.

Thanks,
Gaurav

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi Gaurav,

It's unlikely b/c the movie and the flex are at separate hosts. That points to low probability of host issue. The movie is on its own for sheer scalable bandwidth.

But the flex quiz is at enginehost, which truly about the best host money can buy (multiples more expensive than a typical host). If you just had a movie issue, I'd wonder, but if you are also have a flex issue - it's unlikely the host: i've never had any downtime @ enginehost and it's working right now...david

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
...plus, that Flex quiz is very light weight. All in, the flex quiz is, i am thinking, a good test of the client. If flash is installed, the lightweight app (pulling tiny XML files) on rock solid host will almost never fail....the movies are a different issue, they are much much larger...David

higaurav

Hi David,

But this is a strange problem that I am facing since yesterday. I have been going through the tutorial atleast since last one month and never faced this problem.

Episode 5 Market risk (MR) B part 2 also stopped after 42.42 minutes and i am not able to go through it completely. Similar thing that I reported happened with the MR B part 1 yesterday when it stopped at 11.28 minutes.

On the flash quiz; it may be some other problem but the loading stopped after some 10-15%.

I am not sure on the problem,as why it could be happening. As i mentioned, i have not faced this problem since the time i am using the prem content. Request you (your technical team) to please look into it or suggest in case there has to be some trouble shooting measures at my end itself.

Really appreciate your response on this.

Thanks,
Gaurav

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi Gaurav,

Okay, but the flash quiz problem strongly indicates a client/browser issue, not a host issue.

I will check but please understand:

* I actually haven't had a single host issue this year. Maybe it will happen (knock on wood) but, I've gotten several problems submitted. And the resolution is always the same: host tells me everything is fine, eventually the customer reports they found their problem (e.g., security at corporate firewall, browser, etc).

* My host will start to charge me soon b/c of this, b/c it is never their problem. So, request you check. This would be an easier if the false alarm rate were less than 100%. But the false alarm rate has truly been 100%

* as far as troubleshooting your PC/browser/security, I am frankly not resourced to do it. Rather, I have invested to deploy the simplest, state of the art requirement: all are self-contained flash. Simplest possible technical requirement. Unlike most other systems, you do not need to install anything except browser + flash. (It doesn't sense for me to hire someone to troubleshooot PCs b/c it is a small % that have a problem. Or, if i did i would absolutely have to raise the price and i'm not trying to raise price, my long term goal is to make it free)

David

higaurav

Hi David,

I fully understand & appreciate your points. Let me check it completely and reinstall the browser/flash applications in my system. I am hopeful that it should work.

Once again, really appreciate your prompt response - a very customer centric approach.

Thnks
Gaurav

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Gaurav,

I appreciate that, thank you truly for your understanding patience. I have a genius tech guy and i'll have him take a look this week. I don't want to assume it's your problem, video is complicated....David

higaurav

Hi David,

Good news is that, video is streaming perfectly after re-installation. My honest apologies for concerning you. I thought it to be a host problem, as my browser happened to work fine otherwise on other urls (some strange problem). But anyways, all set, ready to go through your MR video.
Sorry for the trouble :)

Thnks,
Gaurav