Questions by FRM Beginner from Non Finance/Risk Background

Sharadkumarp

Hi,

I am planing to take FRM Part I on 17th Nov 2012, so I am interested in taking your preparation course. But I have few questions:
(Sorry if someone already asked these questions and they were answered...!)

1. What is Learning Spreadsheets Tier 3, how it is going to help?
2. If I take Total plan Tier 2,
- can I down load the video tutorials on my android mobile phone so that I can watch/listen to them as and when I want?
- What is structured email?
3. After buying your program do you advise to buy any other programs or materials or books.
For ex:
a. Other programs like Kaplan Schweser
b. Books like - GARP FRM books for Part I and II
4. Do you provide your own study books (paper copies)?
5. I am from India, is India
approved countries to get discount code?
6. I am from IT background but not from Finance/Risk, and I am assuming 4 months are sufficient to study basics and prepare for Part I exam and pass it. To be specific from today I have exactly 18 weeks (ie, 18 weeks X 5 days/week X 4 hrs/day = 360 hrs), i,e; 360 hrs to study.
From your experience 360 to 400 hrs are good enough for a person from IT non finance background? (I know it is difficult to answer as it depends on individual's capability, but I want to know from people with similar background/experience in the forum)

Your guidance and help would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance,
Sharad

Aleksander Hansen

If you search the forum for those questions you will get several hits, covering everything you're asking about.
Learning spreadsheets take key concepts from the reading/AIMs - that you can typically see a typical static example of in the study notes - and breaks down all aspects of the problem/question/method. So for example,myou can experiment with what happens if you change a certain variable, parameter and so forth. Gives you the mechanics of how it works in a synamicnandninteractive manner.

I would stay away from Schweser -way too easy. I can't speak on behalf of David nor Suzanne, but I reco,mend getting the core readings as youu at times want to go deeper on rcertain topics that you are, e.g. unfamiliar with. Remember, the point of the study notes - from my perspective - is to summarize the material, pointing out the most important aspects of each section, as well as whether it is likely to be tested or not; thus effectively, helping members navigate through all the readings.

I would say yor background should be sufficient although IT can be broadly defined. You will definitely want to spend a lot of time doing the exercises. The statistics shops be easy for you. I would pay close attention TGI

Suzanne Evans

Hi,

I am planing to take FRM Part I on 17th Nov 2012, so I am interested in taking your preparation course. But I have few questions:

- can I down load the video tutorials on my android mobile phone so that I can watch/listen to them as and when I want?
3. After buying your program do you advise to buy any other programs or materials or books.
For ex:
6. I am from IT background but not from Finance/Risk, and I am assuming 4 months are sufficient to study basics and prepare for Part I exam and pass it. To be specific from today I have exactly 18 weeks (ie, 18 weeks X 5 days/week X 4 hrs/day = 360 hrs), i,e; 360 hrs to study.
From your experience 360 to 400 hrs are good enough for a person from IT non finance background? (I know it is difficult to answer as it depends on individual's capability, but I want to know from people with similar background/experience in the forum)

Thanks in advance,
Sharad

Hi Sharad,

Thank you for your interest in bionicturtle.com!

1) We were the first to complement instruction with our huge library of custom-built "learning spreadsheets." Both Excel and online formats. Advanced learners tend to use these.
2) All of the videos are downloadable. I'm not sure which versions your Android is compatible with however we offer: wmv and mp4. Structured emails are emails that will be sent to those subscribed with tips for your study preparations.
3) Do you need the handbooks/readings? See here: http://www.bionicturtle.com/faqs/category/frm-product#do-i-need-the-handbook-and-readings
4) We do not provide hard copies, however you do have printing abilitities if you choose to print the pdf's for your personal use.
5) Yes, you would qualify for a discount.
6) How long is recommended to prepare? See here: http://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/how-much-time-is-required-to-prepare-study-for-the-frm.4980/

Should you have any addiitonal questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
Suzanne

minibiju

Hi,

For ex:

Thanks in advance,
Sharad
Hi Sharad,
I am a fresher like you just decided to go for FRM. I would like to know about your learning plan - which package you went for; whether FRM handbook and readings were helpful; what are the materials you used; how helpful were they in the exam. BTW I believe you had appeared for the exam. I would highly appreciate your valued advice.