Lu Shu Kai FRM

Hi @man.gao777 ,

I did not touch any of the GARP materials other than their exam papers; only studied with BT. That being said, different people prefer materials.

I feel that BT is fully sufficient because questions are what make you really understand the material and there is no way to memorise all the answers, which is obviously not a good study strategy.

man.gao777

Hi @man.gao777 ,

I did not touch any of the GARP materials other than their exam papers; only studied with BT. That being said, different people prefer materials.

I feel that BT is fully sufficient because questions are what make you really understand the material and there is no way to memorise all the answers, which is obviously not a good study strategy.
Thank you for the help.

GavinInsight

Hi,

sorry if this is not in the right section but i am curious to get people's views on which order to study for the FRM 1 exam. I am sitting the exam in May 2022 and have just finished going through foundations of risk management material as it was the first one i picked up.

Is there an order which is objectively more beneficial to follow for the remainder?

thanks,
Gavin

AAlSh9217

Hi,

I need like a guideline or advices about how to start studying the material. I started with the video but it does not give the full picture its like summary so I referred back many times to the notes. Where to start, should I start with the notes first ??

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi,

I need like a guideline or advices about how to start studying the material. I started with the video but it does not give the full picture its like summary so I referred back many times to the notes. Where to start, should I start with the notes first ??
@AAlSh9217 Please note that I moved your post to this thread. Members in this thread have discussed their study plans, which may be of help to you. There are many pages of discussion in this thread, so it is a very helpful resource for our FRM candidates.

FAnte6634

Hi everyone,
I'm preparing for FRM p1 on Nov 2022.
Does anyone have a preferred study order to share? From which topic should I start?
Many thanks

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi everyone,
I'm preparing for FRM p1 on Nov 2022.
Does anyone have a preferred study order to share? From which topic should I start?
Many thanks
@FAnte6634 Please note that I moved your post to this thread. Members in this thread have discussed their study plans, which may be of help to you. There are many pages of discussion in this thread, so it is a very helpful resource for our FRM candidates.

VinceP

Hi - potential BT student here - is it necessary to buy the GARP books as well as the BT materials? Or can one get by just with Bionic Turtle?

Vince

FAnte6634

Hi - potential BT student here - is it necessary to buy the GARP books as well as the BT materials? Or can one get by just with Bionic Turtle?

Vince
Hi Vince,
when you enroll for the exam you are granted the GARP books for free. Study-wise, I'm using BT
Hope that helped

VinceP

Hi Vince,
when you enroll for the exam you are granted the GARP books for free. Study-wise, I'm using BT
Hope that helped
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure enrolling for the exam does *not* include the GARP books (they are a few hundred dollars extra!)

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure enrolling for the exam does *not* include the GARP books (they are a few hundred dollars extra!)
Part I eBooks are included free of charge with your FRM Part I Exam registration. If you want hard copies, those need to be paid for. Part 2 hard copies and ebooks both need to be paid even if you register for the exam.

VinceP

Many thanks for the reply Nicole - however I can see nowhere on the GARP website where it states that eBooks are included in registration for FRM Part 1.

From https://www.garp.org/frm/frequently-asked-questions :
"Are study materials included in the price of the Exam registration?
No, the study materials are not included in the price of the registration."

So, I remain ... confused!

Vince

VinceP

Cheeky follow-on question - if using Bionic Turtle as the main learning resource, are the GARP materials also required, or can one study and pass just from Bionic Turtle?

Cheers

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Many thanks for the reply Nicole - however I can see nowhere on the GARP website where it states that eBooks are included in registration for FRM Part 1.

From https://www.garp.org/frm/frequently-asked-questions :
"Are study materials included in the price of the Exam registration?
No, the study materials are not included in the price of the registration."

So, I remain ... confused!

Vince
@VinceP GARP states this on their study materials page: https://www.garp.org/frm/study-materials

garp ebooks.png

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Cheeky follow-on question - if using Bionic Turtle as the main learning resource, are the GARP materials also required, or can one study and pass just from Bionic Turtle?

Cheers
@VinceP Every person is different, so we can't say if you as an individual would need both sets of materials or if you could just rely on the BT materials. If you read through the different comments in this thread, you can see what others have done.

AKele4015

I'm new to the forum and purchased premium access. With all the information - BT Forum, BT-Study notes, BT-Video/Youtube, BT- Spreadsheets. GARP books & EOC questions, practice exams, Im looking for a plan of attack for all the material. I prefer to go chapter by chapter. Can someone recommend a study plan. I appreciate some guidance. Im likely taking the exam May 2023.

AKele4015

Can anyone who has passed Part 1 kindly advise if studying 8hrs. during the M-F work week and 8hrs on the weekends. 16 total/week for the next 6mo from Oct to March, leaving April for practice exams is sufficient to be ready for the May 2023 Part 1 exam? I plan to cover the BT-Videos, Study Notes, Practice Questions, Spreadsheets, Youtube videos, the Forum and the GARP EOC questions and practice exams. plus calculator tools advised in previous posts. I plan on reading the BT study notes at least twice, making my own index cards, and formula sheet Nicole suggested in previous posts. Appreciate any feedback.

guicadioli

Hello, I have passed part 1. I did study around 2 hours per day, so 14 total/week, and had more than enough time to do all the things you mentioned. Make a schedule that works for you and follow it. Good luck, I hope all goes well!

VinceP

SCohe0322

Hi All,

I'm in a grad role at a regional bank looking to study the FRM. I've seen threads on here and other websites on the best order to study for level 1 but they are all a few years old at least. I was hoping to get an updated opinion from the community on the best order to go through the level 1 materials for someone with a weak quant background. I purchased the Schweser books as well as BT for study materials.

I have a pretty poor maths education (Algebra, Basic trig but no Calculus) and the materials in quant are quite challenging for me. Would it be more beneficial to go through Foundations and FMP before covering quant and ending with V&RM? I work in a risk related function so I can see instant benefits to learning the materials in the other books without getting bogged down in QA. Is it possible to study in this order or is QA essential to progressing to the later books?

Happy to hear any input from you guys.

Cheers