What's new

FAQ Before Exam Study Plan Guide

Hi ,

I would like to run for the session of May 2020, but I find any rev study spreadsheet for 9 months.

I have wife and kids that the reason why i need to start that early.

Do you have any of this spreadsheet?

Thanks

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
Thread starter #162
Hi ,

I would like to run for the session of May 2020, but I find any rev study spreadsheet for 9 months.

I have wife and kids that the reason why i need to start that early.

Do you have any of this spreadsheet?

Thanks
Hello @Racoon971

We do not provide a study review spreadsheet, as Bionic Turtle is a self-study program, which means that our members create their own study plan that works for them. We have many members who have a full-time job and a family who are studying for the FRM exam. Some of them have posted their study plans in this thread (make sure to read through all 9 pages of this thread). This may help you to create a study plan that works for you.

Nicole

nasser8711

Subscriber
Hi

I have two month to prepare for FRM part 1. Is it sufficient to study using Bionic's materials ( study notes , practice questions , videos etc...) to pass the exam. If not , what are the other essential materials I should also study .

Many thanks and awaiting your kind advice
Nasser

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
Thread starter #164
Hi

I have two month to prepare for FRM part 1. Is it sufficient to study using Bionic's materials ( study notes , practice questions , videos etc...) to pass the exam. If not , what are the other essential materials I should also study .

Many thanks and awaiting your kind advice
Nasser
@nasser8711

Please note that I moved your post to this thread, where many of our members have discussed their study plans and any materials that they used in addition to the BT materials. There are 9 pages within this thread, so hopefully you will find some helpful information.

Thank you,

Nicole

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
Thread starter #168
Dear All,

Kindly let me know the last minute topics to read from credit , operational market and RMIM and current issues as the time is less
requesting David to reply
Hello @javal123

As Detective mentioned above, the topics that you are referring to take up a large portion of the Part 2 curriculum. GARP provides the learning objectives for each reading in the curriculum in order to prepare you for the concepts that will be tested on the exam. We highly encourage our members to go through all of the materials that we provide for each topic in order to ensure that you are prepared for the exam. We do not know better than anyone else exactly which concepts GARP will test on the exam. That is why it is very important that you follow the learning objectives that they provide in order to make sure you have learned the concepts in each of those topics. I've moved your question to this study plan thread, which may help you in creating a study plan to follow for the last two months before the exam.

Thank you,

Nicole

Hello
Sorry I don't know if this ir the right place to ask or post this question but I am looking forward to know that I planned to appear for frm part 1 and 2 in may 2020, would that be a wise decision ?What should be my strategy and what book list would be helpful.
a bit of guidance would be wonderful thanks.

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
Thread starter #170
Hello
Sorry I don't know if this ir the right place to ask or post this question but I am looking forward to know that I planned to appear for frm part 1 and 2 in may 2020, would that be a wise decision ?What should be my strategy and what book list would be helpful.
@kronak

Please note that I moved your post to this thread, where many of our members have discussed their study plans and any materials that they used in addition to the BT materials. There are 9 pages within this thread, so hopefully, you will find some helpful information.

Thank you,

Nicole

@kronak

Please note that I moved your post to this thread, where many of our members have discussed their study plans and any materials that they used in addition to the BT materials. There are 9 pages within this thread, so hopefully, you will find some helpful information.

Thank you,

Nicole
Thank you, would look forward for answer to the queries

Detective

Subscriber
Hello
Honestly, unless you are in some dire rush, I would do not do two parts on same day. Each exam is 4 hours long and can be somewhat mentally exhausting. About 40-45% who take it pass part 1 and 50-60% for part 2. For books just follow their study guide or buy third party prep like Bionic Turtle and read their notes instead. It can be done, and I don’t want to discourage you since you might have a strong background already. Personally I wouldn’t because they don’t bother grading part 2 unless you pass part 1.

Honestly, unless you are in some dire rush, I would do not do two parts on same day. Each exam is 4 hours long and can be somewhat mentally exhausting. About 40-45% who take it pass part 1 and 50-60% for part 2. For books just follow their study guide or buy third party prep like Bionic Turtle and read their notes instead. It can be done, and I don’t want to discourage you since you might have a strong background already. Personally I wouldn’t because they don’t bother grading part 2 unless you pass part 1.
Thank you for advice. Have you cleared frm what was your strategy
Thanks