Topic 5 Review video

queliujin

Hi David
i noticed that the Topic 5 review video mentioned some topics that are not covered in the chapter notes, such as OAC, CPR....
Does that mean the content is removed from the test because the video is outdated (2012)?
The learning objectives in the notes does not cover such topics in the video, which objectives should i follow?
thanks

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi @queliujin The 2019 LO (in the study notes) are the best guide. Admittedly, do need to (and are going to) update the focus review videos, although most of the material in the FR continues to be relevant (by definition: because the FRs are not edge material but rather core material); e.g., CPR is still in T5, just a different author. @Nicole Seaman can follow-up further on questions like this, thanks!

oryan5000

Hey @David Harper CFA FRM , when are you planning on updating the Topic Review videos? They were the main reason I decided to go with the Professional package over the Advanced and am a bit sad to see that they haven't been updated since 7 years ago

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
@oryan5000 actually, I'm not sure we FINISH before the Nov exam: the schedule isn't finalized (we have to see the 2020 drafts also). The major determinant is the state of the 2020 syllabus as its degree of churn will be the major factor in our planning. We definitely will have made solid progress but finishing them will very likely extend beyond November. I know that Nicole insists we must prioritize the FR updates (this is why I don't like to negotiate here in the forum: I was working on something else and quickly answered you and now I have to modify the promise etc.). We will be starting and making progress this semester (before November), that's my promise. I've edited my response to you above to reflect this. Back to work for me. Thanks,

Last edited:

oryan5000

@David Harper CFA FRM thank you for clarifying the issue. Even if the videos are not 100% done prior to November, I believe it would be helpful if you uploaded even your incomplete draft of the videos. They would likely be better study resources than the 2012 content even if they aren't fully complete, in my opinion, just due to the fact that we can be more certain what we are watching is still relevant. Even just cutting the irrelevant content from the 2012 videos would be a decent quick fix