FAQ Before Exam Using 2018 materials for 2019 exam

Nejc

I have 2018 textbooks for part 1 but didn't manage to attempt it. Hope there won't be many changes to them. If I understand correctly we will find out on Dember the 1st. Should be fine, right?

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi @Nejc Yes, that's roughly correct (~ December 1st I would expect). Sometime around then, GARP will officially release the 2019 syllabus (Nicole will update our XLS LO-versus-prior worksheet) and, subsequently, the degree to which 2018 books are applicable for 2019 will be publicly known. We've been analyzing the year-over-year change for a decade, so at that point, we'll be able to say with high granularity to what degree 2018 will apply. I hope that's helpful,

christylee

Hi. I have passed part 1 frm and hoping to start early for next year's may part 2 exam.
Will the syllabus be similar to 2018's? I mean does it normally change a lot year by year?
I am asking because I'm considering to purchase the "advanced" study notes and videos on this website.
Will it be okay to use the videos and study notes posted now (after purchasing) for next year's exam/

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi. I have passed part 1 frm and hoping to start early for next year's may part 2 exam.
Will the syllabus be similar to 2018's? I mean does it normally change a lot year by year?
I am asking because I'm considering to purchase the "advanced" study notes and videos on this website.
Will it be okay to use the videos and study notes posted now (after purchasing) for next year's exam/
Hello @christylee

I moved your question to this thread, where a similar question was asked. Please see David's answer above regarding when GARP releases the new syllabus (early December generally). Regarding the purchase of our materials, when you purchase a subscription from us, it is valid for one full year from your date of purchase. This includes all new and updated materials that we publish in the study planner during that time. When GARP releases the new curriculum, we create a curriculum analysis XLS each year to note the changes that were made. You can view the 2017/2018 XLS here: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/2017-2018-curriculum-change-analysis-spreadsheet.13307/. I hope this answers your questions :)

Nicole