What's new

FAQ Before Exam Where can I find previous GARP practice exams?

Vin

Thread starter #1
UPDATED BY NICOLE TO INCLUDE LINKS FOR THE 2019 EXAMS AT THE TOP OF THIS THREAD:
We do not recommend studying any practice exams prior to 2019, as there were many errors. Most of them are actually the same exact questions (GARP used the same practice exams for a few years and just changed the dates), but in the 2019 and 2020 practice exams, the previous errors should be fixed (should be but we still find errors, unfortunately).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear BT community members!

Maybe some of you has a part II practice exam for 2016 (the one officially provided by GARP on their website for free). I have missed this moment before the materials were updated for 2017 und can't find this pdf anymore.

It would be a real help if you could share it.

BR,
Vin

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
Dear BT community members!

Maybe some of you has a part II practice exam for 2016 (the one officially provided by GARP on their website for free). I have missed this moment before the materials were updated for 2017 und can't find this pdf anymore.

It would be a real help if you could share it.

BR,
Vin
Hello @Vin

You can find GARP's previous practice exams here in our resources section: https://www.bionicturtle.com/forum/resources/categories/frm-practice-garp.16/.

Thank you,

Nicole

This may be a really one but I am a bit confused with the practice exams from garp that you have on your bionic turtle website. All the questions seems to be the same for different years. Myabe my understanding isn't correct but what does a 2018 practice exam part 1 mean compared to 2017 exam part 1? The questions in both these practice exams is exactly the same. Am I missing something here?

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
This may be a really one but I am a bit confused with the practice exams from garp that you have on your bionic turtle website. All the questions seems to be the same for different years. Myabe my understanding isn't correct but what does a 2018 practice exam part 1 mean compared to 2017 exam part 1? The questions in both these practice exams is exactly the same. Am I missing something here?
Hello @akrushn2

You aren't missing anything. We added the previous practice exams to our website after some of our members requested them. However, we've discussed the previous exams in the forum quite a lot and they are riddled with mistakes. We recommend only using the current practice exam, as David has pointed out many mistakes to GARP and they have fixed the mistakes in the newer exam. I hope this helps!

Nicole

I am looking for questions paper for 2019 to use those to prepare for the 2020 exam in May. Besides reading the FRM handbook from Philippe Jorion and taking recent practise tests what could be other effective ways to prepare for the 2020 FRM exam.

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
I am looking for questions paper for 2019 to use those to prepare for the 2020 exam in May. Besides reading the FRM handbook from Philippe Jorion and taking recent practise tests what could be other effective ways to prepare for the 2020 FRM exam.
Hello,

I will work on getting our resources section set up this week. That will include past practice exams from GARP. Regarding other ways to prepare for the exam, there is a helpful forum thread here where other members have shared their study plans: https://www.bionicturtle.com/forum/threads/study-plan-guide.8670/.

ivan.jarmanovic

Subscriber
Hi Nicole,

Hello @jr123456

We will be adding our resources section back to the forum during the update process. This will include any of GARP's practice exams that they allow us to publish (generally any exams that are not current).

Thank you.
I was searching the 2019 mock exam today. I guess 2019 exams are not published on BT nor on the GARP homepage yet i.e. BT is not allowed to publish the 2019 mock exams? If so, why would GARP share the 2020 mock exams but not 2019? Did I maybe miss the download link for the 2019 exam file?

BR and have a nice day!
-Ivan

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Nicole,

I was searching the 2019 mock exam today. I guess 2019 exams are not published on BT nor on the GARP homepage yet i.e. BT is not allowed to publish the 2019 mock exams? If so, why would GARP share the 2020 mock exams but not 2019? Did I maybe miss the download link for the 2019 exam file?

BR and have a nice day!
-Ivan
Hello @ivan.jarmanovic

GARP does not post their previous practice exams since they publish a new one each year. GARP does allow us to post previous practice exams. We have just been focused on updating the materials so we haven't posted them. Here are the links to the 2019 GARP practice exams:
We do not recommend studying any practice exams prior to 2019, as there were many errors. Most of them are actually the same exact questions (GARP used the same practice exams for a few years and just changed the dates), but in the 2019 and 2020 practice exams, the previous errors should be fixed (should be but we still find errors, unfortunately).

Racoon971

Subscriber
Hi,

I would like to know if you have the latest pactice exam from GARP for last yaer (2019 ) and perhaps this year. The last uploaded file was for 2018.
Thanks.
F.

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi,

I would like to know if you have the latest pactice exam from GARP for last yaer (2019 ) and perhaps this year. The last uploaded file was for 2018.
Thanks.
F.
@Racoon971

I moved your post to this thread. Please see above where I have provided the 2019 GARP practice exams. We are not able to share the 2020 practice exams. You can retrieve those directly from the GARP website.

daisypm

Subscriber
Hello everyone,

I only notice that there are only few questions, but not the full set of practice exam question, posted within this forum.
If I would like to download the practice exam papers from previous years (not the 2020 one which I could find on GARP's website), where could I find the relevant source? Thanks a lot.

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
Hello everyone,

I only notice that there are only few questions, but not the full set of practice exam question, posted within this forum.
If I would like to download the practice exam papers from previous years (not the 2020 one which I could find on GARP's website), where could I find the relevant source? Thanks a lot.
Hello @daisypm

I moved your post to this thread. Please see above where I have provided the 2019 GARP practice exams.