What's new

FAQ Before Exam Where can I find previous GARP practice exams?

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Nicole I wanted FRM practice papers for part 1 for 2020. Can you help me in finding it??
Hello @vivek423

FRM candidates can find the 2020 GARP practice exams (I think this is what you are referring to?) on their website: https://www.garp.org/#!/frm/study-materials. We are not able to share the 2020 practice exams, however, I moved your post to this thread, which provides the 2019 GARP practice exams. Thank you.

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Nicole,

Can i get previous practice exams older than 2019 (ex, 2018, 2017 ,2016...)?
Hello @passfrmjapan

Please see my previous answer to a similar question on the first page of this thread: https://www.bionicturtle.com/forum/...previous-garp-practice-exams.10249/post-78602. We do not recommend studying any practice exams prior to 2019, as there were many errors. Most of them are actually the same exact questions (GARP used the same practice exams for a few years and just changed the dates), but in the 2019 and 2020 practice exams, the previous errors should be fixed (should be but we still find errors, unfortunately).

geigel

Hi Nicole,
First of all, thanks for your help!
I have done practice exam 2019 and the one for 2020 (have to say they are pretty similar). I have read that you do not recommend doing exams before 2019. What else can i do to prepare better for the exam?
Thanks in advance!

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Nicole,
First of all, thanks for your help!
I have done practice exam 2019 and the one for 2020 (have to say they are pretty similar). I have read that you do not recommend doing exams before 2019. What else can i do to prepare better for the exam?
Thanks in advance!
Hello @geigel

Yes, the practice exams prior to 2019 were full of errors so we do not recommend those. I always recommend going through all of our practice questions, mock exams, and instructional videos, but since you aren't a paid member, it is difficult to suggest a study plan for you. We provide many materials that we highly recommend because they go in-depth on the concepts, and we also provide a full paid section of the forum where we offer support to our members. You can view other member's study plans here in the forum: https://www.bionicturtle.com/forum/threads/study-plan-guide.8670/. Most of them are using our study materials, but you may find other suggestions that could help.

connor1

Subscriber
Hi David, Nicole,

Where can I find the past 5 years of FRM part 1 exam papers?

Is there an online resource that you can direct me to? The GARP website only seems to have one practice paper.

Thanks,
Connor

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi David, Nicole,

Where can I find the past 5 years of FRM part 1 exam papers?

Is there an online resource that you can direct me to? The GARP website only seems to have one practice paper.

Thanks,
Connor
Hello @connor1

Please note that I moved your post to this thread, which discusses the GARP practice exams. Please be sure to read the original post regarding past exams: https://www.bionicturtle.com/forum/threads/where-can-i-find-previous-garp-practice-exams.10249/

tstreit

Subscriber
Hi Nicole,
I know that you do not recommend doing older mock exams, but for purpose of practice I would love to do so. All around the forum, I see people talking about BT mock exams A,B,C and so on. Are these still available somewhere?
Many Thanks!
Thomas

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Nicole,
I know that you do not recommend doing older mock exams, but for purpose of practice I would love to do so. All around the forum, I see people talking about BT mock exams A,B,C and so on. Are these still available somewhere?
Many Thanks!
Thomas
Hello Thomas,

The mock exams A,B,C, etc. were from previous years. They were mini mock exams with fewer questions. I am currently working on a 2nd mock exam for each Part, and I am really hoping to be able to publish them by the end of this week.

voko

Subscriber
Hi Nicole,

Will the 2nd mock exam be free for the existing members?

Thanks

Volkan

frmalle

UPDATED BY NICOLE TO INCLUDE LINKS FOR THE 2019 EXAMS AT THE TOP OF THIS THREAD:
We do not recommend studying any practice exams prior to 2019, as there were many errors. Most of them are actually the same exact questions (GARP used the same practice exams for a few years and just changed the dates), but in the 2019 and 2020 practice exams, the previous errors should be fixed (should be but we still find errors, unfortunately). Our resources page that previously contained the GARP practice exams is no longer available.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear BT community members!

Maybe some of you has a part II practice exam for 2016 (the one officially provided by GARP on their website for free). I have missed this moment before the materials were updated for 2017 und can't find this pdf anymore.

It would be a real help if you could share it.

BR,
Vin
Hi,

Are you able to share the 2020 exam now?

corinne.lieberman21

Subscriber
Has anyone been provided with the GARP 2021 Part II Practice Exam? GARP switched my exam date from Nov 2020 to May 2021 on their side, but I was never provided with the Practice Exam for 2021. The website states I would have received it with registration (GARP registered for me).

danghara

Subscriber
Hi @dbansal See https://www.bionicturtle.com/forum/resources/categories/frm-practice-garp.16/ where we've collected the Practice Exams (shared with permission). GARP does not publish multiple mocks. This year was the first year for a full version, but it's been re-published three times (corrections based on our feedback, informed by customer observations in the lower boards) and there are likely more corrections still to come. It is frankly not itself an excellent standalone resource, in my opinion, especially given it tends to re-use a narrow set of question types, but it's a good complement. Thanks,
hello David
the link didn't work!
it said: "
Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
"

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
hello David
the link didn't work!
it said: "
Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
"
Hello @danghara

The resources page that you are referring to is no longer available. I've moved your post to this thread, which provides information about the GARP practice exams.

Nicole Seaman

Chief Admin Officer
Staff member
Subscriber
Has anyone been provided with the GARP 2021 Part II Practice Exam? GARP switched my exam date from Nov 2020 to May 2021 on their side, but I was never provided with the Practice Exam for 2021. The website states I would have received it with registration (GARP registered for me).
Hello @corinne.lieberman21

GARP had stated last week that they would be sending out the 2021 practice exams in January. We do not have a specific date, but it should be soon.