Why Bionic Turtle?

Discussion in 'About FRM' started by Ankur S, May 21, 2012.

1. Ankur S

Ankur S Member

Hi David,

Now that exam fever is over and i have been itching to ask this question but was waiting to get past the rush. Last year, first time when someone referred me to this website, i got curious by the name you have assumed "BIONIC TURTLE"......Why BT?

Why not

FRM Turtle or Bionic FRM or Finance Turtle or Bionic Rabbit or Bull Risk ;) ...there could be so many....

I am sure it must be given thought and if you'd like to share the story, will be curious to know as you have got something out of the box name here :D

If you want to pass this question, absolutely fine....can consider it personal...You have got really amazing trademark..:)

** I did try to search the question but searching bionic turtle simple brings so many responses and i couldn't find one..If this has been asked before..apologize for posting duplicate
    • Like Like x 1
  2. sl

sl Active Member

i remember this question being asked before.
  3. LankyLint

LankyLint Member

4. Suzanne Evans

Suzanne Evans Administrator

5. David Harper CFA FRM CIPM

David Harper CFA FRM CIPM David Harper CFA FRM (test)

Hi Ankur, thanks for your interest!

More recently, I replied to Aleks and Hend about this question: http://www.bionicturtle.com/forum/threads/totally-random-and-unimportant.5572/
    i.e., as before, if i could go back and start with a different name, I would do that. However, I am not convinced it hurts or matters and it's non-trivial to re-brand

we are hiring a consultant to help streamline the product catalog and his initial audit included the following observation:
  6. Ankur S

Ankur S Member

Thanks for all the links !!

love your consultant reaction :D ...plain and brutal...
    • Like Like x 2