What's new

New profile posts

I am a Staff Author at Field Engineer a Marketplace for On-Demand telecom workforce, extending from field engineers to high-level network engineers, project managers and Network Architects in 146 nations. I am an EC Engineer.
Hey quick question? The way the study material is set up is to do the practice questions first but it makes more sense to go over study notes before questions. Is there a reason this is the way it is set up ?? Do you suggest to do the questions first ?
Hi, I am surprised there is no BSM in Part 3 of FRM 1 (at least not in the videos and the first 3 option Hull chapters). Should we know this for the exam? Thanks in advance.
Dear Nicole, I wold kindly ask for help regrading finding some spreadsheet example of Monte Carlo simulation. I am sure there are plenty but did not manage to find them by searching by tags? Generally, if I want to search for all available Davids spreadsheets what is best approach?
Thanks in advance for helping
Nicole Seaman
Nicole Seaman
@Branislav Please make sure to post any questions that you have in the main forum, as I do not always see the comments left here on my profile and it does not allow me to provide a detailed answer. Besides the spreadsheets that are published in the study planner we do not have a general area where you can find other spreadsheets. Have you searched the forum (not just tags) for Monte Carlo simulation?
Branislav
Branislav
Thanks Nicole.
did you get my private message?
Y
yuwaising
Hi David I didn't realise there was a private message function. And I can only see this one I'm assuming you have another message. Again I'm sorry if come off as wasting your time, I really do read the post and only ask questions if I still don't understand. I'll keep in mind to post in general when I've seen a similar post but have additional questions. I hope you can still provide detailed explanations nearer to
Y
yuwaising
Exams as your replies are really like a light at the end of a tunnel. Thank you.
hi, Nicole. I am going through the P1 Focus Review. It talks about the 2012 exam. Do we have an updated version? kind regards, Mauricio
Nicole Seaman
Nicole Seaman
We do not have updated focus review videos, although we are currently working hard to prepare and publish new ones. Even though they mention the 2012 exams, most of the content within those videos are still relevant.
2. i am supposed to find review questions after each chapter i finish, i couldn't find that ? is there any depository for all practice questions related to each chapter?
Nicole Seaman
Nicole Seaman
Hello I will answer this because David is very busy answering content questions in the forum. Our study planner is organized according to the GARP syllabus, not the GARP books. If you are referring to chapters in the GARP books, that is not how our study planner is laid out. It is organized by Part, Topic and Reading. You will find the individual materials under each Reading in the study planner.
Hello David, i'm a new member and have a couple of Q's as i find the website is pretty scrambled and the experience was below my expectation for the money paid.
1. The chapters' study notes are repeated under different authors (for ex. in Quant. we have chapter 4,5,6 under miller and watson and Diebold) which one in this case we should study from? also for their respective question set.
Nicole Seaman
Nicole Seaman
The study planner is extremely organized (not scrambled), as it follows the exact GARP syllabus (NOT the GARP books). Please email me or send a private forum message if you have more questions about how our website is organized. Posting on our profiles in the forum is not the best way to ask questions. Thank you.
David Harper CFA FRM
David Harper CFA FRM
@eldakrory GARP's syllabus assigns different authors !? ... we're helping you with authors THEY assigned .... I don't even know what to say
done with forum support today, just getting too tired and I need to get on to other work, I'll be back tomorrow (Monday). Don't stress, if you are practicing, you'll be find. And good luck