How much time is required to prepare (study) for the FRM?

johnparker16

It's exciting that individuals learning for both have almost the same submission, although hefty natural in the more than 400 time.

Suzanne Evans

How best to determine what level of product is best for preparation?

Hi dclay,

My opinion is that it would be determined based on your learning approach. Do you need to listen to something to comprehend it? Can you just simply read something and understand it? Do you want to do hands on practice?

If you need to listen to something to comprehend it and further details than I would recommend our Tier 2 product which includes David's videos.

If you can simply read something and understand it, than you might be okay with our Tier 1 product.

If you want hands on and additional practice, I'd recommend our Tier 3 which provides the learning spreadsheets.

If you purchase Tier 1 first and then decide that you want to upgrade to Tier 2 or Tier 3, we can always do a manual upgrade.

I hope that helps!

You can find our products here: https://www.bionicturtle.com/products/financial-risk-management/

Thanks,
Suzanne Evans

Aleksander Hansen

Always a lot of talk about preparation strategies, what to start with, how long to spend and so forth. From the beginning I have diligently kept track of everything I have done, broken down by task so I thought I'd share that with anyone interested.

A few caveats are in order:
  1. Procrastination partly overlaps with time spent on the forum, asking or answering questions
  2. I have watched most of David's videos and time spent on that is not included here
  3. Still have a week+ left until the exam
  4. Partly as a corollary of point 3 [but also since I work on what I want] several topics are not covered at all since I haven't been bothered to work on them.
photo.JPG

DallasFRM

Alexsander - Did you include the time to prepare the pie chart as part of procratination? LOL! Good luck on the exam - your inputs have been a big help to me in prepping for next Saturday.

Aleksander Hansen

Alexsander - Did you include the time to prepare the pie chart as part of procratination? LOL! Good luck on the exam - your inputs have been a big help to me in prepping for next Saturday.

Ha ha...
Thanks, and good luck to you too!

PS! I did not include the time to make the chart as procrastination. I convinced myself it was a productive activity, and it has, indeed, over time helped me get more on track.

I can also break it down by topic, e.g. options, fixed income, or by section e.g. Foundations, Quantitative...it gives me a good idea of how long other topics might take, as well as how much time I should allocate for reviewing the material.

Newbee

Hi David

I am looking to do P1 FRM, however, i do not have a very strong mathematical background. Are there books you would recommend i work through before using the study notes - soemthing to give me good background knowledge, perhpas? Please assist.

Thanks

Mark W

Quick answer is to try Hull, which is the base for a fair chunk of FRM P1. Also, have a search through the BT forums - this question has been asked numerous times.

Thanks - Mark

Remy D

I feel that background is essential in the amount of preparation time. I've read only 20% of the level 1 and 40% of the level 2 material and passed both parts. Without my math background and CFA education this would have been impossible. I also see a difference between CFA exams where you had to know everything by heart and the FRM exams where you can use your intuition.