Trouble accessing GARP website

Wen Hu

Hi
Sorry to put this issue on the online forum. I was trying to access my garp account last week but somehow it keeps blocking me out. After I asked for password reset, it responded that my email account is not registered there. Today I received email from its customer service representative, advising me to login to this address: "g**p.c*m/l*g*n1" and should use this address until their IT Team resolve this issue, and from there I can also ask for password request. Not sure if this address checks out.

Has anyone ever experienced similar issue? I don't know if I could be certain if this address valid or not.
Appreciate if you could share. Thank you.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi
Sorry to put this issue on the online forum. I was trying to access my garp account last week but somehow it keeps blocking me out. After I asked for password reset, it responded that my email account is not registered there. Today I received email from its customer service representative, advising me to login to this address: "g**p.c*m/l*g*n1" and should use this address until their IT Team resolve this issue, and from there I can also ask for password request. Not sure if this address checks out.

Has anyone ever experienced similar issue? I don't know if I could be certain if this address valid or not.
Appreciate if you could share. Thank you.
Hello @Wen Hu,

Have you tried to contact GARP directly at [email protected] to make sure that this is a legitimate email that you received? I can't tell from your post if you actually emailed GARP directly or if you just used their "forgot password" feature on the website. Personally, I do not trust links like the one that you say you received from GARP (there are just too many scammers out there :eek:), but it is also difficult to provide an opinion without seeing the actual email that was sent to you.

GARP also has phone numbers listed on their website, so you may be able to resolve this by calling them. This way you would know that everything is legit. https://www.garp.org/#!/about/contact-us

Wen Hu

Hello @Nicole Seaman
Thanks for the reply. What confused is their email is using domain of garp.com - which from my understanding that GARP is should be using .org domain. Here I attached the email they sent me a few days ago. Also today when I tried to login, it redirected me to this portal: What also confused me is the /#!/ string that they have on their home page. Really appreciate your reply.

Attachments

• garp login response.JPG
    garp login response.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 6

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @Nicole Seaman
Thanks for the reply. What confused is their email is using domain of garp.com - which from my understanding that GARP is should be using .org domain. Here I attached the email they sent me a few days ago. Also today when I tried to login, it redirected me to this portal: What also confused me is the /#!/ string that they have on their home page. Really appreciate your reply.
Hello @Wen Hu

The GARP website is .org, but their email is [email protected]. The email that you received does look like it is from GARP, but I would suggest that you call them or contact them to make sure. I can't tell from your screenshot if they were responding to an email that you sent to them or if this was just from you trying to use their reset password feature. If they responded directly to an email that you sent to them, then I would think that it is a legitimate email. I would question it more if this email was received randomly without you sending them an email first.

Wen Hu

Hello @Nicole Seaman
Thanks again for your reply. Sorry - I forgot to attach my initial e-mail. Yes, I sent my query from my office email to them regarding this issue ([email protected]). You are right. Probably I need to call them today (different time zone :) ). Again, really appreciate your help.
Stay safe and take care.

Attachments

• initial email.JPG
    initial email.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 5