Using Texas Instruments BA II

faraazdharamsey

Hi David,

I am interested in your FRM series.

I had a query with regards to the use of Texas Instruments BA II, are you going to teach us how to make use of this calculator on your blog or else how do we get started with it..

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi faraazdharamsey,

There is no current calculator tutorial
(I blogged this two years ago: http://www.bionicturtle.com/learn/article/texas_instruments_ba_ii_plus_ti_ba_ii_essential_functions_for_the_frm
...to give some practice ... but I see the images need to be restored as this was prior to the host upgrade. ooops!)

We are working on a major service/site upgrade, to be deployed AFTER the May 2010 exam. This will include additional resources including some modest calculator "primers"... and we just this week decided to host two intro live webinars in June & July ... so I have yet to develop plan for those, but I do think a focus on the calculator is a natural first step .... frankly, I've never focused on calculator help b/c I thought we could add better value in the subsequent steps, but I see that several people would like the help.

So, I don't have current help but FWIW it looks like we will have better calculator help ahead of the Nov exam, as part of our relaunch. Thanks for your interest and letting me know you are looking for this; sorry i don't have immediate help. David