You are expected to have either completed the stated prerequisite course(s) or possess the equivalent knowledge prior to enrolling in this course:
Advanced Financial Modeling & Valuation Course – Amazon
Welcome to CFI’s advanced financial modeling course – a case study on how to value Amazon.com, Inc (AMZN). This course is designed for professionals working in investment banking, corporate development, private equity, and other areas of corporate finance that deal with valuing companies and performing advanced methods of valuation.
Advanced Financial Modeling Course Objectives
- Calculate Amazon’s Total Addressable Market (TAM) for each business segment, and determine the market share in each
- Use Amazon’s actual financial statements (annual report, 10-k, 10-q, etc) to build a historical 3-statement model
- Learn how to structure an advanced valuation model in the most efficient way
- Set up all the assumptions and drivers required to build out the DCF model
- Create a 10-year forecast for Amazon’s business, including an income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement, supporting schedules, and free cash flow to the firm (FCFF)
- Learn how to deal with advanced topics like segmented revenue, stock-based compensation, capital leases, and more
- Perform advanced comparable company analysis (Comps) using Capital IQ and PitchBook Data
- Perform a Sum-Of-The-Parts (SOTP) valuation of Amazon
- Generate multiple operating scenarios to explore a range of outcomes and values for the business
- Perform sensitivity analysis on key assumptions and assess the overall impact of the transaction
Amazon (AMZN) Case Study
This course is built on a case study of Amazon, where students are tasked with building a financial model and performing comparable company analysis to value AMZN shares.
Through the course of the transaction, students will learn:
- How equity research analysts value the company (including looking at an actual report from Morningstar)
- How to find comparable companies in Capital IQ and PitchBook Data, as well as how to export their financial information
- How to handle advanced accounting topics like capital leases (treated as debt) and stock-based compensation (a non-cash expense that’s dilutive)
- How to create a dashboard and summary output that highlights the most important information from the model
Why Take CFI’s Advanced Financial Modeling Course?
This course is perfect for anyone who wants to learn how to build a detailed financial model for a public company, from the bottom up. The video-based lessons will teach you all the formulas and functions to calculate things like segmented revenue, marketable securities, accrued expenses, unearned revenue, additional paid-in capital, stock-based compensation, long-term debt, capital and finance leases, and much more.
In addition to learning the detailed mechanics of how to build the financial model for Amazon, students will also learn how to think about intrinsic value, internal rate of return (IRR), and weigh the pros and cons of an investment opportunity.
What’s Included in the Advanced Modeling Course?
This advanced financial modeling and valuation course include all of the following:
- Blank Amazon model template
- Completed Amazon model template (dashboard, DCF model, Comps model, WACC analysis, scenarios, etc)
- 5+ hours of detailed video instruction
- Certificate of completion
Financial analyst certification
For beginners to advanced users, this advanced modeling course is designed to teach you how to be a world-class financial analyst. This class is one of the 9 required “Core” courses for CFI’s financial analyst training program, which grants the Financial Modeling & Valuation Analyst (FMVA) certification.