Advanced Financial Modeling teaches you how investment bankers model companies in real life. Everything is based on a case study of Microsoft’s offer to acquire Yahoo, and real SEC filings and equity research from banks such as Credit Suisse and Morgan Stanley are used throughout the course.
You’ll learn advanced modeling skills by completing a detailed operating model, a full valuation using 9 methodologies, an advanced merger model that combines all 3 statements and an advanced LBO model with support for 7 tranches of debt.
Here’s the full run-down:
- 100 training videos total (36 hours of footage).
- Lessons cover advanced operating models, valuations based on SEC filings and equity research, complex merger models, advanced LBO models, and pitch books and deal commentary.
- Operating Model lessons teach you how to create a detailed 3-statement model, including revenue and expenses by segment, Noncontrolling Interests and Equity Investments, PP&E schedules, deferred taxes, and quarterly projections.
- Valuation lessons cover how to spread comps, adjust for non-recurring charges, calendarize financials, how to value NOLs and equity investments, and how to complete a DCF analysis with mid-year discounts and stub periods; you’ll also learn future share price analysis, sum-of-the-parts valuation, and liquidation valuation.
- Advanced Merger Model coverage teaches you how to combine all 3 statements, create multiple scenarios, build an advanced purchase price allocation schedule that supports stock vs. asset vs. 338(h)(10) deals, calculate revenue and expense synergies by business segment, and factor in book vs. cash taxes and Section 382 NOLs.
- Advanced LBO Model lessons show you how to modify an operating model to make it into an LBO model, and how to build in support for 7 debt tranches, multiple capital structure scenarios, and an advanced debt schedule with customizable repayment terms.
- You’ll also get a sample pitch book and PowerPoint tips as well as commentary on the deal itself.
- You receive instant access when you sign up because everything is delivered online – no shipping charges or physical products to worry about.
- Free lifetime updates and support.
- Bonus Case Studies: In addition to everything above, we include several additional case studies on other deals (full list at the bottom): TPG’s $3B leveraged buyout of J Crew, ConAgra’s $5B bid for Ralcorp, and Intel’s $8B acquisition of McAfee. These are excellent practice for the real case studies you’ll get in private equity, hedge fund, and investment banking interviews – and they’re yours, free when you sign up.
We also make sure employers know that this is a serious qualification: Your certificate will contain a link where prospective employers can review what’s on our exams and what you must master to receive the certification.
Unlike other training companies that “issue certifications,” our process is completely transparent: you can literally point to the exact questions you had to answer to pass the quiz and become certified.
Once interviewers see you really do have the “chops” to be a banker, your chances of hiring success go way, WAY up.
Thousands of Customers Have Already Used Breaking Into Wall Street to Land High-Paying and Prestigious Job Offers
At last count, over 41,053+ students, entry-level professionals, and career changers have used Breaking Into Wall Street to master modeling, win interviews, and break into high-paying jobs in investment banking, private equity, hedge funds, equity research, and more.